You are not logged in. Please register or login.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

Re: Holy Shit Fuck! Chickenfoot's Cd Is Awesome!

skippy wrote:

Being a VH fan, and not such a big fan of the recent direction that Hagar took being the Cabo Wabo guy...

This CD is killer!  Better than anything Hagar did with Halen.  More rockin', less gay keyboards, not so many awful "love" lyrics.

Satriani, Smith, and Anthony rock HARD.  Great CD.  Burn it, buy it, just give it a chance. Best album that didn't come out in 1992 that I've ever heard.

Of course, Satch owns.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Is this out now or leaked? I'm thinking of picking it up cos I like a bit of satch but prefer vocals with my shred..so looking forward to it as a concept...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I think it came out this week, right?  And they're on one of the late night talk shows tonight I believe.  I remember seeing that and setting it to tape.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

All i've heard is those tracks that were on their website. I'll try and find the rest...

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I have 4 free plays left on Rhapsody. Using them now. Musically, this band is tight. Very tight. Better than nu GnR & VR as far as chemistry. Who is it, Satriani, Marc Anthony, Hagar, & Chad Smith of RHCP??

They're great, but I on song 1 (Avenida Revolution) I'm let down by Hagars songwriting. Same with Sexy Little Thing. It comes off as forced, trying to relive OU812.  Learning to Fail sounds good though. These guy bonded well together.

Not sure I'd say greatest labum since 92 though. Myb 2nd best Supergroup after Audioslave though. Maybe...

skippy

skippy wrote:

I'm sorry PaSnow, I believe what I said, but really wasn't very clear about was it was the best album "not" released in 1992....meaning it sounds like ROCK AND ROLL, and doesn't apologize for doing so.  Instead of sounding like grunge, or desperately trying to remain "current".

I agree with Avenida Revolucion being a weak track, and Sexy Little Thing sounds like AC/DC with a mix of "Finish What Ya Started" thrown in...so we had the same reaction to those to.

I really like "Turnin' Left" and "My Kinda Girl", and "Soap on a Rope"..a great outro on that one.

Satch really channeled some Jimmy Page-Physical Graffitti style riffage on these songs.

Great rockin' album.  You can dowload it for 4.99 at amazon.com for the next three days.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

You really need to pick up a copy of Superuknown.  Rock and roll didn't die in 92.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
skippy wrote:

Great rockin' album.  You can dowload it for 4.99 at amazon.com for the next three days.

I just grabbed it for $3.99...downloading now.

wow the Amazon download service is REALLY fast.

skippy

skippy wrote:
Saikin wrote:

You really need to pick up a copy of Superuknown.  Rock and roll didn't die in 92.

Never liked Soundgarden.  Sorry.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
CrashDiet wrote:
skippy wrote:

I just grabbed it for $3.99...downloading now.

wow the Amazon download service is REALLY fast.

Thanks for the heads up man.  I was thinking about going to pick this up sometime this weekend anyway, but $4 is plenty cheap enough for me to not have a physical copy of it.

Board footer