You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Questions

monkeychow wrote:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=qDs8cBqBYWc

Band sounds pretty good to me...it just misses axl

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

When you are actually at the concert, not watching or listening to a live feed or bootleg, it all goes away. I was blown away by the band and all my worries about CD evaporated as soon as WTTJ started up. I was practically an Axlite for the few weeks after the show I was at. The new band plays great, and from comparing boots I would say that live they are better than the original band. The old band was pretty sloppy from what I've seen.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm not talking about Scott being involved. I mean the band. The guys who everyone refuses to let go because they're the "real GNR" in their eyes. In my opinion they don't sound as good as the current lineup of Guns N' Roses playing the same songs.

I was talking about the band.

They sound a whole lot different than Axl's new band.

Based on their sound when compared to the new lineup (when doing the same songs), I wouldn't want Axl to reunite with the old band.

Did you not reach the same conclusion?

monkeychow wrote:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=qDs8cBqBYWc

Band sounds pretty good to me...it just misses axl

that sounds pretty bad neutral

agreed with russ and sic 110%

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

So people are going to criticize the Original band for being "sloppy" and praise the new band as being better?  Holy shit.  It's too bad many of you never got to see the old band or experience the old band.  Their "sloppy" sound was what made them special.  Anybody can be a polished machine like the current band.  I could go on stage tomorrow and perform the old songs as "good" as Richard, but I could never give the songs the feel that Izzy gave them.  These guys are a backing band - their only job is to not fuck up the songs that were made great by other people.  THAT is uninspired, not Slash and Duff performing those songs with VR.

The new band might be the most talented group of individuals ever to step foot on a stage, but that is what they are - a bunch of individuals.  Had this new band released AFD in the 80s, we wouldn't even be here today and Alice in Chains might have taken the place of Nirvana because the world would have given up on the hard rock scene even sooner.  It's just amazing how easily you seem to be forgetting what really made the old band stand out.  I've heard cover bands perform the classics more along the lines of the old band than these guys do.

Old band: Guns N' Roses
New band: Poison or some other polished band with Axl Rose singing.

I like BBF a lot, but I believe he said he was going to record some parts to give them more sleaze.  Why?  Because that is the Guns N' Roses sound.  If these guys were really Guns N' Roses, they wouldn't be going back into the studio to sound more like the Original band.

dude... if you're going to compare GnR to Poison, you clearly haven't seen them live.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

dude... if you're going to compare GnR to Poison, you clearly haven't seen them live.

I agree with what he's saying, but Poison was a bad choice of bands to reference.

I would make the same point, but substitute Dream Theater or some other prog band instead of Poison.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

No, my show was cancelled.  It's not my fault I haven't seen them.  I have seen bootlegs.  They are a polished backing band.  Pick any polished nice sounding band if Poison offends you and that is what they are.  That isn't Guns N' Roses, and obviously they are aware of it too or Ron wouldn't be trying to give them a Guns sound.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Ron wouldn't be trying to give them a Guns sound.

My "red flag alert" went haywire when he said that. There's already so much going on in some of these songs, the last thing they need is some fake sleaze added.

You cant replicate that sound authentically, so there's no use in even trying. Hopefully Axl nixed the idea after hearing some of it.

The music is already good. Don't start fucking with it again this late in the game.

Board footer