You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Another cash grab tour? - Rumored Brazil tour first half of 2008

buzzsaw wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

Its like the guy who spends years and years dwelling over his lost love who has moved on years ago.

Axl?  Is that you?

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

Its like the guy who spends years and years dwelling over his lost love who has moved on years ago.

Axl?  Is that you?

lol That's exactly what I thought - sounds terribly like a certain songwriter that we know and love.

madagas wrote:

Agree 100% Sic.:butt: I still believe he should have never unveiled the new band until he had an album on the shelves.

If that was the case, it'd still be deafening silence.

I can totally see both sides here, I surely would rather they tour behind an album but still and all even if we don't have CD, I am glad they are doing something and I have thoroughly enjoyed the shows, CD or No CD.

I think the band as musicians can stand on their own merit just by how they play the old songs, the solos on stage and the CD songs that have been played on tour.   To those that say they have no merit what so ever,  is a bit harsh IMO.   

I think what it comes down to is they are caught in the crossfire and it's not fair to them, they give their all every show and they are standing by the very man that everyone says is holding them back.  Paycheck or not, if they hated it and felt their integrity was at stake, they'd leave.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
madagas wrote:

Agree 100% Sic.:butt: I still believe he should have never unveiled the new band until he had an album on the shelves.

I can totally see where people can say this. I haven't made a decision for myself yet on the subject, but it's one of the best points I've heard in the argument to date.

The thing that holds me back is the shows I've seen. If he held off on debuting the new members until the record came out, I'd have missed three incredible shows in the past several years.

I understand that you would have missed out on some good shows, but you wouldn't know you missed anything and the new band would have much more credibility because they would be able to stand on their own music and just lean on the old material instead of the other way around. 

That has been my problem with the new band since day one.  I realize this isn't their fault, but those that are still there chose to accept it.  It's hard to have a ton of respect for Tommy (who hated GnR until it became time to pick up a paycheck), Finck (who has exactly 0 career writing credits), Richard (enough said), Pittman (wtf?), and tambourine boy (Dizzy).  They've had more drummers than guitarists (or so it seems).  The only member that really could have earned some respect and has since leaving (in my opinion) is BH.  He earned it by leaving and creating the music that he loves.  I respect that even if I'm not a huge fan.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
madagas wrote:

I still believe he should have never unveiled the new band until he had an album on the shelves.

If that was the case, it'd still be deafening silence.

If things had worked out back in 2001, we would've had an album about six months after RIR3. Had they stuck with that plan, RIR3 would've been seen as an excellent move.

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I think the band as musicians can stand on their own merit just by how they play the old songs, the solos on stage and the CD songs that have been played on tour.   To those that say they have no merit what so ever,  is a bit harsh IMO.

Didn't say they have no merit. I can give them merit as a professional live band, but it would be harder for me to consider as the next phase in GNR's legacy, simply because the album's not out yet.

Not to mention Frank, Ron and likely Richard play nothing but songs they've never had a hand in writing. Not their fault, but just how it is.

Board footer