You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Slash: 'Rose Is Misunderstood'

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Bono wrote:

it's funny how in rock n roll it's kind of about doing what you want to do and not care what others think. So Slash does what he wants to and because he gets paid for things he's a whore. Axl doesn't do anything for the most part and he's a badass rocker loaded with integrity?  Ummmm.... I don't follow.

This isn't an Axl Vs Slash thing for me. I'm not saying Axl is any better than Slash.

Fat Drunk wrote:

Aren't the real whores guys like Tommy and Bumble who have sold out their integrity to play in a glorified cover band?

Sold out their integrity?? Glorified cover band? Really? Still the same ol' same ol?

I don't believe that - but i also don't beleive Slash is a whore either.

I'm just providing that example for contrast.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I'd like to know why he gave that interview saying Axl refused to go on stage unless they signed over the name, which became carved into the media and publics consciousness. Then shamelessly wrote a book with told a completely different story, apparantly unaware of his previous version!
I know why, cause he was high on smack and talking shit to play the fans making himself look like a hero. And he wonders why the guy is misunderstood roll

The true story is that Axl refused to go on another (newly added) leg of the UYI tour unless they signed over the name.

Both Axl and Slash have misrepresented this story.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Bono wrote:

it's funny how in rock n roll it's kind of about doing what you want to do and not care what others think. So Slash does what he wants to and because he gets paid for things he's a whore. Axl doesn't do anything for the most part and he's a badass rocker loaded with integrity?  Ummmm.... I don't follow.

This isn't an Axl Vs Slash thing for me. I'm not saying Axl is any better than Slash.

Fat Drunk wrote:

Aren't the real whores guys like Tommy and Bumble who have sold out their integrity to play in a glorified cover band?

Sold out their integrity?? Glorified cover band? Really? Still the same ol' same ol?

I don't believe that - but i also don't beleive Slash is a whore either.

I'm just providing that example for contrast.

The contrast to your contrast would be that Slash's touring band is a cover band because they weren't the originals. Doesn't really make sense, does it? In either case.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Slash's touring band is a cover/back-up band. Except Slash. I had to point it out. I'm the first one to admit it. What else were they? Co-wroters of songs they have nothing to do with? They have zero input on Slash's solo album, his GN'R, VR or Snakepit stuff. They are only there for the tour. They can help Slash with great live performances, but it does not make them more than Slash's session musicians, just like Josh Freese or Chris Chaney is not more than Slash's studio session musician (in this case).

All of them, all the guys in the studio or touring line-up are replecable, although the change can be better or worse. I don't see the long rows of people boycoting Slash's shows, just because not Josh Freese drumming or not that guy's playing bass whose name I don't even know. Nobody really cares about them. It's Slash's show.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I personally think that showing up with Bill Gates & BEP is lame as hell. If Slash were doing those type of things with artists I enjoy, I might feel differently (example: MJ).

That's exactly why I feel discussing this (and venting this sort of opinion) is silly at best. It's like discussing your favorite color, you can't win or lose, there's not even a reasonable conclusion you can come to.

I had a serious dislike for MJ and the stuff Slash has done with him. I even prefer his Blackstreet collab above all things MJ... but who am I to hold his choices against him?
And I know, you think it's "selling out", just 'cause he does some of this stuff purely for the money (e.g.: Bill Gates). But so what? Does that really affect the rest of his work so much that you went from being a fan to hating his guts?

Board footer