You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

johndivney wrote:

he was saying he didn't do the SA private gig 'cause it wss organized w/o his consent, i think.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The impression i got was:

That he's feeling he and the band are about the fans, but everyone else around them is about making as much money as possible. eg the business and managment people etc.

In particular he's annoyed about one of the secret shows, as the tour was for fans but this was added in for profit and he wasn't told. It might be ok except that he he wasn't well, it required travel, and was scheduled in a way that caused excessive strain on his voice (too close to other gigs). and thus it was scheduled to get priority over the proper stadium gigs, which he wasn't happy about - but the business types didn't care or think of it.

That situation was then made worse by excessive press covrage of the show he already wasn't happy about, thus taking the focus of the real point of the tour - which was the tour for the fans in brazil. Thus - he's pretty pissed at the business types, but reassuring the normal people the tour was really scheduled for them and not for the corporate interests that are fucking with it/being talked about in the media.

Or that's what I think it means anyway...don't mean to put words in axl's mouth.

monkeychow wrote:

The impression i got was:

That he's feeling he and the band are about the fans, but everyone else around them is about making as much money as possible. eg the business and managment people etc.

In particular he's annoyed about one of the secret shows, as the tour was for fans but this was added in for profit and he wasn't told. It might be ok except that he he wasn't well, it required travel, and was scheduled in a way that caused excessive strain on his voice (too close to other gigs). and thus it was scheduled to get priority over the proper stadium gigs, which he wasn't happy about - but the business types didn't care or think of it.

That situation was then made worse by excessive press covrage of the show he already wasn't happy about, thus taking the focus of the real point of the tour - which was the tour for the fans in brazil. Thus - he's pretty pissed at the business types, but reassuring the normal people the tour was really scheduled for them and not for the corporate interests that are fucking with it/being talked about in the media.

Or that's what I think it means anyway...don't mean to put words in axl's mouth.

This sounds good to me and you are probably right on the money.   Thank you!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

He needs to higher a 4th grader to type his updates, they are embarrassing.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

From Tommy

had too much fun in sao paulo . really fun show. i can hardly move .    about 2 hours ago   via TweetDeck   

From GNR:

Thank YOU! São Paulo #GNR FANS http://tl.gd/gi5io  (via @axlrose). RIO! Do you know where the fuck we are!?! C U tonight!    about 3 hours ago   via web   

From Ron:

Great time at the show in SP last night! What was that, like 50,000 people? No, not just 50,000 people, 50,000 BRAZILIANS - that means as much screamin' and singin' as 100,000 in most other places, haha. Went back to the hotel, packed, ate, and flew to Rio - gonna try and get a few hours rest and let the feet-knees-legs-back-neck-n-head heal a little, then head to the venue. Congrats to contest winner #2, Carlos - see you tonight at the show! http://www.baldfreak.com/contest.html

I find it funny Axl, Ron, Tommy, and the GNR twitter all tweeted within an hour of each other. Tweet party?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

He needs to higher a 4th grader to type his updates, they are embarrassing.

So is everyone else's.

I don't really care where Dennis Haysbert ate lunch at.

Sky Dog wrote:
russtcb wrote:
madagas wrote:

who gives a fuck? Seriously...

I'm guessing myself and the couple other people discussing it here could be thrown into the "care" column

without saying it, I sort of meant that Gnr just played to about 50,000 people and there is absolutely no one talking about that....this board immediately jumps on the insignificant crap that constantly surrounds Axl. He is on tour, is showing up at the scheduled shows, the band is kicking ass....yet the convo revolves around a tweet that is complete nonsense and just rambling rock star crap.:peace: I still luv ya Russ.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I will talk about the shows... His voice is scaring me, sounds like its on the verge of going out.  Am I alone on this?  Most notable on the private show clips.

Sky Dog wrote:

So, Slash has a new album coming out......

Axl is always one scream/growl away from blowing it out.....yes, I am a little worried. The hard partying doesn't help.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
madagas wrote:

So, Slash has a new album coming out......

Axl is always one scream/growl away from blowing it out.....yes, I am a little worried. The hard partying doesn't help.

hahahaha... funny..  Hopefully he just needs some rest and a few off nights and he will be okay.

Board footer