You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Justified

BLS-Pride wrote:

Been waiting on this show. Starts this Tuesday I believe on FX.

Yeehaw, the western is back!

The new FX show "Justified" premiered last night at The Directors Guild of America in Los Angeles. The stars of the show, which focuses on a U.S. Marshal who is forced to return to his small hometown in Kentucky and become sheriff, explain to Fox411 why viewers will love a modern day Western.

Actor Walton Goggins describes the show, which premieres on FX on March 16, as a perfect marriage of three things: 'Modern day western meets the Coen Brothers and 'The Shield'.�

And all three work seamlessly together according to Goggins, who has starred on 'The Shield�  and 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.�

'If you got the Coen Brothers in there you know it'™s going to be funny and there'™s going to be some drama. You'™re going to be on the edge of your seat '¦ It'™s kind of like 'Deadwood' versus 'The Shield'," he laughs. 'No, I can'™t tell you who wins.�

Aside from being entertaining, Goggins thinks  the show revives a much-needed genre. 'All too often I think flyover America is ignored and their culture is not reflected in cinema and mainstream,�  he tells Fox. 'It'™s about time that we had something on television that represents a third of our nation.�

Natalie Zea, who plays Winona Hawkins explains, 'A modern day western works because it hasn'™t to my knowledge really been done,�  she tells Fox.

According to Zea, 'There'™s a lot of repetition going on in television right now. We'™re sort of lost in the doctor-lawyer-cop world.�

Viewers will likely agree with the actress, who recently starred on HBO'™s 'Hung,�  and finds "Justified" refreshing and new. 'I think it'™s a no-brainer. I don'™t know why it hasn'™t been done yet,�  she says.

Nick Searcy, who plays the chief deputy of this small town agrees that "Justified"  has the simplest recipe for success. 'It'™s a throwback code where you go after the bad guys,�  says Searcy. 'Sometimes you might have to go after them a little bit outside of the rules and that'™s sort of what it is.�

But Timothy Olyphant, who plays U.S. Marshal turned sheriff Raylan Givens, isn'™t sure why the show will work. He simply tells Fox, 'Lets'™ just hope it does.�

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Been waiting on this too. It looks damn good, and so far the reviews have been overwhelmingly positive.

I just got into Sons of Anarchy: Season 2. It's kickin' ass. Samcro's getting their asses handed to them.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Bro Season 2 is a ride. One of the best written seasons for a series in a long time IMO. It keeps coming and coming you will love it.

Good to see the dude from Deadwood and of course Shane from The Shield back on what seems to be a good show. FX knows how to pick and put together great TV.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Great. I think it's really gotten to that point that cable puts out better TV these days, especially with dramas. Anarchy and USA's Burn Notice are definitely my faves right now.

I also thought it was ironic that Timothy Olyphant gets a second TV series playing... a western lawman. I guess he's good at it.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah. I am a fan of westerns and he plays that role pretty well so I hope it's good. Hopefully a lot of twists and turns with in the story to make for a better series in the long run.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

I'm still bitter about Deadwood being cancelled...  Cocksuckers!

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Actor Walton Goggins describes the show, which premieres on FX on March 16, as a perfect marriage of three things: 'Modern day western meets the Coen Brothers and 'The Shield'.

SOLD!  Where do I buy the DVD?

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Anyone catch the series opener tonight?

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I missed it, probably going to catch it on hulu.  How was it?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, i'm gonna have to grab a DL of it.

Board footer