You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Slash to play Civil War?

Mikkamakka wrote:

Slash    Conan O Brien just walked into rehearsal. Ironically we were playing "Civil War." He's ready to stir shit up.

-Twitter

Is he testing the waters? I don't see any reason to play CW by his band, unless they wanna play it on the tour.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Slash said he'd be playing more GN'R stuff in his set, so hopefully Civil War is one of them. That song deserves to be played, and seeing as Axl isn't touching it, I'm glad Slash is bringing it back!

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I don't want to hear Myles singing Civil War.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Saikin wrote:

People got used to 'The guys who aren't Slash' playing Guns N' Roses songs. It cannot be worse.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Saikin wrote:

People got used to 'The guys who aren't Slash' playing Guns N' Roses songs. It cannot be worse.

Yes it can be.  Guitar is a lot easier to emulate than vocals.  I don't want to hear Myles' voice on that song.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Then don't listen to it.  I'll give this dude a chance, but I'm skeptical too.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Oh grow up people. It's just a bloody song. If Slash wanna play a song, then let him play the song. Maybe he finds it a fun song to play? Jesus...

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah if his whole show was GnR material, I'd have a problem with it, but if he wants to do a handful of covers, I really don't care which ones he chooses. If you don't like to hear it, then that's your choice, but it's not a big deal if it's only a small portion of the set.

nugdafied wrote:

If played, I hope they leave out the "What's so civil about war anyways?" bit at the end.

Board footer