You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Slash to play Civil War?

Axlin16 wrote:

Slash can play ALL Guns songs as far as i'm concerned, as long as it's good.

Axl's gotten lucky since 2001. He's had alot of very talented musicians backing him, that kept GN'R a strong musical entity. Come on, the best Nightrain that ever existed came from 2002.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Amen... the only way i'd go see Slash is for a majority-GN'R set. His post-GN'R career sucks... and I say that with ALL the love in my heart.

As much as I love CD, if Axl was only playing that stuff... i'd be wondering where Jungle & PC and NR were.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Come on, the best Nightrain that ever existed came from 2002.

No argument there.

I just don't get this whiny "I am so offended if X plays that song" bullshit.

That's what it is. Bullshit. It's their songs, they can play whatever they want.

If Slash wanna get some singer and do a 22 song GNR night, then I'm all for it. Happy to check it out. Interested in how it sounds. It's music and it's entertaining. As Axlin says, as long as it's good, then who cares?

Usually I prefer Axl's stuff over Slash's, but with the right singer, it could be some fun times ahead.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It sounds like slash is making this tour a "best of slash" show, including songs from VR, GNR, Snakepit and the solo album....sounds like it will be a great night.

Personally I'm really happy that he's chosen this type of song rather than the "safe" gnr choices of "patience" or "used to love her" that VR did a lot of. Not that those arn't fun, but something like Civil War has a lot more interesting guitar, and is a lot harder for the vocalist to nail.

It's interesting that it's Civil War because that's one of the few UYI tracks I think the new band has mentioned maybe adding back in at one stage, but it's an obvious one for slash to do, as the guitar sound in it is very distinctively his, he can jam around it loads, and it's a well known track that's a lot less obsucure than something like Locamotive would be.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I hope he does it. I hope he does a handful of "unexpecetd" Gn'R songs. They're covers. They don't taint the originals in any way. If people don't wanna hear it then don't listen.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Amen... the only way i'd go see Slash is for a majority-GN'R set. His post-GN'R career sucks... and I say that with ALL the love in my heart.

As much as I love CD, if Axl was only playing that stuff... i'd be wondering where Jungle & PC and NR were.

An ideal Slash-Setlist for me would include the following:

Slither
Fall To Pieces

Fall to Pieces? really? I swear that's one of the worst songs ever written.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm all for Slash playing as much GN'R as he wants to. I'd probably make me way more likely to attend his show if there were more GN'R material actually.

I say bring out Coma, DTJ, Estranged, Locomotive... the whole lot. I'd be more disappointed if he was doing SCoM, WttJ, etc than the other tracks I mentioned.

Yeah, me too.  Selfishly I'd want to hear GNR songs that GNR don't currently play, notably stuff from UYI.  VR tunes work for me too.  Never got into Snakepit, so I could honestly care less about that.

Board footer