You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: PAUL STANLEY: DOC MCGHEE Is Not Managing GUNS N' ROSES

Axlin16 wrote:

I think can think of MANY "lesser" voices in rock than Paul Stanley.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I think Pauly is still bitter about being turned down from producing AFD..

Sky Dog wrote:

Axl is an idiot to deal with him....

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

It's not like Doc said "Im not managing GNR". That was Stanley's words, not Doc's. Doc simply said "I had nothing to do with it" and he can mean announcing it, posting it on Twitter and so on. Axl may be a bit weird, but he sure as hell ain't posting random manager names online, saying that he's the new manager. No one does that. Something went down.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

R: Doing your own thing - as have Izzy and Duff, who have also done their own albums - has obviously been very beneficial for you in lots of ways. Do you think it might be good for Axl if he did something like that?

Slash: "I wanted him to. You have to know Axl to understand what I'm getting at. Axl's the kind of guy who over-thinks everything. Sometimes it's fucking classic, and sometimes it's just...whatever. And that's cool. But there was a point there where Axl goes: "I'm gonna do a solo record, and I'm gonna get Trent Reznor and Dave Navarro, and the drummer from Nirvana..." and so on. And it's like, he doesn't even know half of these people. He's just pulling them out of the sky. And I was like, "Cool! Do your thing. That way you'll get it out of your system, and when you get back we'll just be Guns N' Roses."

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/arti … ticleid=16

I don't say that the Axl announcement had no base, but he seems to be living in a different reality.

DCK

DCK wrote:

All due respect, but making plans/dreams/hopes for your record and announcing managers ain't exactly the same thing.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

There's nothing wrong with Axl wanting to bring those people in, and collaborate together for a solo album.

I think where the problem comes in is "GUNS N' ROSES".

Axl Rose
Jerry Cantrell
James Hetfield

I don't know what it is with those guys, but they feel their band IS their musical identity. Even if it's a complete departure, that anything they performn, has to have their band's respective brand name on it. And it doesn't seem to be a calculated business move. They seem to believe it. James treated Jason like he "cheated on him" to have a side project, Axl felt the same about the old GN'R, and Jerry's solo stuff, was basically his next AIC albums, but without Layne. They weren't really all that "solo".

It's just something that's always intrigued me. Axl's also said in a couple interviews that his work to him IS Guns N' Roses. That's what he connects with, even if it is a strange departure (My World, Oh My God). That if he were to do a true solo album, it'd probably be instrumental (i'm assuming piano, synth driven).

Just wanted to throw my two cents on that Slash interview.

As for records and managers, not the same thing like DCK stated. BUT... in Axl's world, who knows. When recording CD, he did kind of just assume people wanted to work on his record. Maybe he assumes everyone wants to manage him too.

DCK

DCK wrote:

Good point there. The name sort of reflects their personality. Anything coming out is a mirror of their persona. According them that is.

I have NO trouble seeing why they feel like that. Anyone creating this stuff..music...art...books...it's like manifesting a piece of your soul.

Retribution
 Rep: 2 

Retribution wrote:

If it was up to Beta, Doug Goldstein would be managing Axl again.  She tried to get him back into the fold last year when she went behind Axl's back and contacted Doug requesting him to write this letter to Axl.

It didn't work and Axl hit the roof when he found out and even kicked her out of the house for a period of time.

2mmbtdt.jpg
2rwok7l.jpg

Axl,
I implore you to read this. First and foremost, I thank you in advance for taking the time to read this.
  I believe there are MANY misconceptions, false-truths, and resentmrent causing issues that continue to fester in Our relationship. I'd love the opportunity to clear these up.
  The sale of Big FD to Sanctuary......
  Ax, I swear on my kids lives, when I was first propositioned by Merck, I immeadiately called Sharon. She told me to fly to England and meet with Rod Smallwood, Merck, and Andy Taylor. Furthermore, and most importantly, she definitavely "ORDERED" me NOT to tlk to you about it. She wanted me to ascertain the strength of the company, which at the time was magnanimous.
  After my fact finding mission, I flew to Arizona to meet with Sharon and Elliot. They concluded that at this point in your career, you needed a powerhouse company with unlimited power and resources to help guide your career. Again, I was given the missive to "surprise " you with this information, as Sharon felt you would be PROUD that I was willing to give up Big FD to further enhance YOUR career. Ax, check with Elliot..if he denies this, he's flat out lying...I swear on my kids lives.
&nb sp; Merck...where do I start here....He flat out fucked me and was a vicious Cancer that intentionally created decietful lies to muddy the waters of our once inseperable brotherhood. I will accept culpability for the fact that for the first time in my life, I wasn't acting in a resposible manner, as far as my responsibilities in guiding your life's path. For this, I can only eternally apologize. I was SO fucked up in the head at that time. I was suicidal over mising my kids, and didn't know how to sufficiently handle the pain. Oh...the $10k a month that Sanctuary claims THEY were paying Sharon, was MY fucking money. They took HALF of my paycheck every month...and paid Sharon..that was a huge hit for me to take, but I was trying to hold onto yours,and mines relationhip!!!
Axl, I'm watching your career with great frustration. I know that the only reason Irving is working with you is to induce you in the future to do THE GREAT RE-UNION TOUR. Give me a fucking break....I KNOW that is never going to happen, and wish people wouldd just fucking leave you alone on this issue. Andy Gould...C'mon..the guys a buffoon. He's a semi-funtioning alcoholic, who doesn't put YOUR needs in first place.
  Ax, This is hard for me to write. I know you abhor this, but the fact is I LOVE YOU with all my Heart!!..I have watched others try and work with you, and whilst quoting an Eminem song, "They don't know you like I do Man".
Al of the so called industry types, which I have always had disdain for,
Clammoring around incompetently handling your carrer.
  The biggest difference, is that know one is taking the time to properly ascertain your vision, and allow you the support and guidance that you deserve. No one that I'm aware of has the bond and ability to correctly adapt your conceptualizations, and implement YOUR ideas, as opposed to pushing their own self-effacing needs and desires. Ax, you know that when my heads right, I'm the BEST at knowing how to protect, market, conceptualize, and most impotantly put my own personal needs or injecting "MY VISION"..give me a fucking break..You don't need someone to GUIDE you..You're the most intelligent, misunderstood individual, I've EVER had the pleasure of working with. You need a facilitator of your dreams. Someone who is humble, loyal, as has no hidden agendas. Guess what bro..THAT'S ME!!
I implore you to find the time to meet with me. You will see for yourself...Dougie is back bigger, better and stronger than EVER!!
  I will be in LA May 8th-the 10th. I implore you to meet with me..I will extend my trip as long as you need me to. I will sit and answer any and every question truthfully and completly. I can come in early, or stay later..You tell me when YOU are available...I'll be there.
  I have a brilliant plan to make you between 10-20 million dollars a year, wehter you tour or not. It's called the "ROSE FESTIVAL".  If you decide to tour with Van Halen, I could do the pre-production and the first show, but need to get back to Hawaii for my wedding.
  The festival would start in Australia in January 2010. The site would be a massive field, holding 250-500 thousand people. It's a two day event, with 3 stages. We'd have a metal day the first day. We would approach Metallica to close the first night. We would have 60 bands including GNR over the course of 2 days. The beauty is you'd be doing 2 shows a wee k, and you OWN the festival in perpituity. You would have to do the initial tour, but after that, you stay home and tellme the bands you want, sit back and collect the money...no longer would you need Irving, or anyone else. I'm willing to move back to LA to be at CAA everyday to find the right sponsors, bands, and fly to EVERY location, ensuring a safe environment. The beauty is instead od the promoter making all the money, you OWN the event. You get paid on parking, all beverages, t-shirt sales from EVERY band on the bill, as well as a lion's share of the sponsorship money. Ax, you know me..if I set my mind on something..I am the BEST at allowing you your vision, and concurrently protecting you.
  I would like to set up a charitable foundation under YOUR NAME, where $2 from every ticket sold goes towards feeding the HUNGRY..imgine if we can get McDonalds to mach us happy-meal for happy meal. You'd personally be responsible for feeding 500,00-1 million people evertime we haVE A show.
The press would be HUGE!!!!
  I would need to be in LA while you are doing the Van Halen tour, as it's imperative to be at CAA everyday to ensure your vision is met.
  I have many other ideas tha I'd love to share with you, including a video idea for "If The World"..Using stock footage, build a montage wth FREE stock footage...Bernie Madoff, the founder of Countrywide..the global stock markets crahing..people jumpig off buidings after losing ther personal wealth, the war in Iraq, the homeless all over the world..etc..you wouldn't need to be in the video at all if you choose not to. I'd over see the production of the video in LA and send you a rough copy FED-EX everyday, so it is YOUR vision.
  Bottom line, please forgive me for not being ther...Bridget has given me aa new lease on life, and I've NEVER been this happy and strong. I weigh 158 pounds, wearing a size 30 jean, eomtionally and physically stronger than I've ever been. I'm up tothe task and KNOW without an hesitation that I can protect yo u and set you up financially for the rest of your life.
  Thank you SO much for taking the time to hear me out, and if you decide NOT to work with me, I respect that decision. I will ALWAYS be ther for you, and YOU decide what I deserve to make for my efforts. I hope you will at least give me an opportunity to sit with you, to allow us the opportuniy to put some resolve to our relationship. Either way, we both need to get on with our lives, and have closure one way or another.
Beta knows how to reach me..feel free to write or call me whenever you feel up to it.
Your Friend,
Doug Goldstein
p.s----sorry for all the typo's..I needed to get his to you asap

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

At least he apologized for the typos  16

Yeah, I'm not buying it...

Board footer