You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Slash - Crucify The Dead

Axlin16 wrote:

Me wrong?

That's onpossible.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Ozzy has always struck me as having a strong fascination with Axl, so the song is definitely about him.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Crucify The Dead is imo one of the weakest songs on his album. And definitely about Axl and the demise of the old lineup.

Axl about Sorry: "This song was NOT written about somebody I used to know"

If Sorry was about Slash, why would he go out of his way to deny it...? I see NO point to it!

People who have worked close with Axl have said that he is brutally honest. So I believe him on this one!

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Crucify, whoever wrote it, SHOULD NOT be trying to get into a lyrical war with Axl.  Sorry better written both musically and lyrically.

Are you sure? Sorry has awful lyrics, a 13-year old could write better. (I think musically both songs are forgettable.)

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Olorin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Whoever wrote this doesn't have the subtle lyrical abilities of Axl, that's for sure.

"I'd like to crush your head tight in my vice"

Axl's best worst lyric is, clearly, "It's such a pity that you're such a bitch."

Just makes me think of this:

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

I always thought he made it purposely bad on purpose for humor ^^ The way he sings it is ironic

Sky Dog wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Crucify, whoever wrote it, SHOULD NOT be trying to get into a lyrical war with Axl.  Sorry better written both musically and lyrically.

Are you sure? Sorry has awful lyrics, a 13-year old could write better. (I think musically both songs are forgettable.)

"It's harder to live
With the truth about you
Than to live with
The lies about me"

that is a GREAT line.......one of Axl's best ever.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

That's pretty childish for me, but tastes differ.

Sky Dog wrote:

humans tend to not want to face the truth about themselves so sometimes they distort their reality to make themselves feel better. It is Axl talking directly to Slash. Nothing childish about it, it is actually clever. If it wasn't about Slash, you would feel different. It's alright-- just admit it. I am not saying Axl is right or wrong to say this. It is just a clever line.

Childish is "I'll kick your ass like I said that I would".....that line makes me cringe like all of Get in the Ring and some of Shotgun Blues do. Axl shouldn't be so petty.

Subtle differences...one addresses a broader perspective on human nature while the other is pointedly childish and immature.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Sorry is one of my favorite songs on the CD. It provokes a reaction from the listener.

Good or bad, what I'm looking to do is connect.

Board footer