You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Rumors building up regarding CDII release date...

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

We're just going to have to agree to disagree buzz.  I think playing 5-7 new songs on a nightly basis from a new album is quite sufficient.  You think they should play at least 9 new songs.  But I'd also like to say, and this isn't specifically directed to you, that even if they WERE playing 9 new songs per night, people would find something else to bitch about.  It's inevitable.  Some people are quick to point out anything that can remotely be considered negative and vice versa.  It's the way of the world.  You probably know what side I'm on.

I don't think they should play 9, I said they had 9 slots open to feature CD if they wanted to.  My only problem with the lack of CD stuff is that they are basically playing the same 4 songs every show and occasionally mixing in the same 1 or 2 in addition to those 4.  My overall problem is that they are basically playing the same show every night, which is much different than how they started the tour.  The way they started the tour even had me excited about it...

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:

What?! Was I THAT unclear!

I have no doubt you have attended 100 concert in your lifetime. I just pointed out  that to a musiclover, that is not something that is THAT incredible! Hence my refrence to going to festivals. If you go to, say Roskilde, each year for 10 years (many people do) and attend at least 10 gigs (and that's not many), that's 100 concerts right there!!!!

Dude, I'm not going to use what you think I should think to override what I actually experienced.  THAT is the point.  And I'm not counting ANY festival that I've been to, nor am I saying I've only seen 100 concerts.  The list is much longer than that.  It isn't about the numbers, it's about you telling me that I should believe something that directly contradicts every personal experience that I have had.

You still fail to prove your argument!

Huge popular bands like GNR have to find a way to meet their crowds halfway. In doing so, they have to play their most known hits. And if they have a new album out they prolly want to promote that album and keep the show new and interesting for the diehard fans. Most bands prolly do like 3-5 new songs. If GNR does 5-7 new songs, that's above avarage!

Then you start saying that personal experience proves me wrong. And when asked what pesonal experience that is, you bring up that you have attended 100 or more concerts. What on Gods green earth does that prove??!!

You're still completely missing the point.  My argument is that you can't tell me that my personal experience doesn't trump what you want me to believe just because you said so.  That fact alone proves my point.  You have proven nothing.  Anything else is irrelevant.  Unless you can prove that my experiences didn't happen, there is no chance in hell that you can win this.  You will never convince me no matter what you say that the things that I saw with my own eyes didn't happen and what you wish to be the case because it supports your case is how it always happens despite the FACT that I have seen a lot more examples that prove you wrong.

I've seen it.  I've lived it.  You're just some Axl obsessed guy on the internet that refuses to acknowledge that the almighty Axl might not be all that almighty afterall.  Don't tell me what I should believe...

Sky Dog wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

We're just going to have to agree to disagree buzz.  I think playing 5-7 new songs on a nightly basis from a new album is quite sufficient.  You think they should play at least 9 new songs.  But I'd also like to say, and this isn't specifically directed to you, that even if they WERE playing 9 new songs per night, people would find something else to bitch about.  It's inevitable.  Some people are quick to point out anything that can remotely be considered negative and vice versa.  It's the way of the world.  You probably know what side I'm on.

I don't think they should play 9, I said they had 9 slots open to feature CD if they wanted to.  My only problem with the lack of CD stuff is that they are basically playing the same 4 songs every show and occasionally mixing in the same 1 or 2 in addition to those 4.  My overall problem is that they are basically playing the same show every night, which is much different than how they started the tour.  The way they started the tour even had me excited about it...

agree...don't need Better, CD, SOD, and Maddy everynight. 6 new songs is fine with me if they mix them up.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

agree...don't need Better, CD, SOD, and Maddy everynight. 6 new songs is fine with me if they mix them up.

Even Better and CD every night is fine since they were singles - mix it up from there...

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Mabye Axl was struggling vocally, Tommy and Ron at least were officially fucked with the flu, mabye Axl had it as well and he had a bad throat. Thats what happens to me when I have a cold/flu, my throat cops it bad.
My intitial impressions were Axl was protecting his voice for the benefit of the year long tour, thats why TIL got moved to earlier on in the set, it saved him straining an already tired throat later on in the set.
But he could well just have been not up to performing the other new songs as they are vocally much more acrobatic than the old songs. I dont think it was out of laziness whatever the real explanation, if he was physically able to do 4 hour sets every night I believe he'd do it in a heartbeat.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Dude, I'm not going to use what you think I should think to override what I actually experienced.  THAT is the point.  And I'm not counting ANY festival that I've been to, nor am I saying I've only seen 100 concerts.  The list is much longer than that.  It isn't about the numbers, it's about you telling me that I should believe something that directly contradicts every personal experience that I have had.

Huge popular bands like GNR have to find a way to meet their crowds halfway. In doing so, they have to play their most known hits. And if they have a new album out they prolly want to promote that album and keep the show new and interesting for the diehard fans. Most bands prolly do like 3-5 new songs. If GNR does 5-7 new songs, that's above avarage!

Then you start saying that personal experience proves me wrong. And when asked what pesonal experience that is, you bring up that you have attended 100 or more concerts. What on Gods green earth does that prove??!!

You're still completely missing the point.  My argument is that you can't tell me that my personal experience doesn't trump what you want me to believe just because you said so.  That fact alone proves my point.  You have proven nothing.  Anything else is irrelevant.  Unless you can prove that my experiences didn't happen, there is no chance in hell that you can win this.  You will never convince me no matter what you say that the things that I saw with my own eyes didn't happen and what you wish to be the case because it supports your case is how it always happens despite the FACT that I have seen a lot more examples that prove you wrong.

I've seen it.  I've lived it.  You're just some Axl obsessed guy on the internet that refuses to acknowledge that the almighty Axl might not be all that almighty afterall.  Don't tell me what I should believe...

Well, what's your experience then? Wasn't it the over 100+ concert you've attended?

And if so, how does that prove anything? What happened at these 100+ gigs that contradict that playing 5-7 new songs on tour is above avarage?

You keep backpaddling because you know your arguments is likely to hold no water what so ever....

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Well, what's your experience then? Wasn't it the over 100+ concert you've attended?

And if so, how does that prove anything? What happened at these 100+ gigs that contradict that playing 5-7 new songs on tour is above avarage?

You keep backpaddling because you know your arguments is likely to hold no water what so ever....

You're an idiot.  I haven't backpedaled an inch.  I am done wasting my time on you.  I hope English isn't your first language, because I can't explain myself any clearer than this.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Mabye Axl was struggling vocally, Tommy and Ron at least were officially fucked with the flu, mabye Axl had it as well and he had a bad throat. Thats what happens to me when I have a cold/flu, my throat cops it bad.
My intitial impressions were Axl was protecting his voice for the benefit of the year long tour, thats why TIL got moved to earlier on in the set, it saved him straining an already tired throat later on in the set.
But he could well just have been not up to performing the other new songs as they are vocally much more acrobatic than the old songs. I dont think it was out of laziness whatever the real explanation, if he was physically able to do 4 hour sets every night I believe he'd do it in a heartbeat.

Because he did it 2 or 3 times?  No, I don't buy that.  I don't doubt he can't sing a lot of those songs live because of the complexity of the studio versions, but he chose to make them that complex, they didn't have to be.  He couldn't pull have half of the stuff from the UYI tour live either, but it didn't stop him from trying.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I invented a new word.  Buzzswinger, and I am one lol
he pretty much says what I think, which saves me lots of time and work in actually saying it.

Sky Dog wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Even Better and CD every night is fine since they were singles - mix it up from there...

The only thing that crawls in my ass is the lack of playing TWAT. He has to know that is the new gnr fanbase's favorite track. It isn't that hard vocally either so I don't buy that excuse.

Board footer