You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: This I Love

slcpunk wrote:

I usually skip it 90% of the time. Robin's guitar work on it's fantastic though.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

its better live than on the album IMO

i still think the lyrics are cheesy to the max

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

TIL is an amazing track, and really the November Rain of CD. I think it's just buried by all the ballads on the album. By the time you get to the 13th track, and you've already heard Street of Dreams, If The World, TWAT, Catcher In The Rye, to an extent Sorry, and Madagascar... This I Love does kind of fade into the background. Not out of quality, but just out of track order.

Higher track listing, TIL would've punched you in the face a little harder than it already did.

Neemo wrote:

its better live than on the album IMO

i still think the lyrics are cheesy to the max

All good ballads have cheesy lyrics. 22

johndivney wrote:

TiL sits inbetween Better & TWAT @ #7 on the alt tracklist that got published on here by a poster called True Love i think. the post is lost now since the board got shook up a couple of times lately. that version didn't have CITR on it.

i do think it's a better tracklist than the one officially released but i don't know if TiL benefits that much more. for me it's always been one of the finest moments on the album & simply remained so.

Sky Dog wrote:

I now officially fall in to the Robin fan club on this song. I also "love" the song...everything about it. The song has 3 parts to me. Part 1 Axl realizes he has been left and is going to find her. By the time the solo starts, Part 2, he is desparate to find her and the "wailing" guitar fits the panic and hurt he is feeling. Part 3 after the solo and drums stop, is reflection. "Fuck me, she ain't coming back but I still love her and will never say goodbye."

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I'm surprised the most hated solo when CD came out seems to be getting some love now.  Does time heal all wounds?  I never understood why the solo was so maligned.  I honestly thought it fit the song perfectly and was among the best on the album, outside of Bucket's TWAT solo of course.

I think a lot of people had a problem with accepting Robin as a "replacement" for Slash.  Maybe not here, that might have nothing to do with anything.  But I know when I went to see GNR at MSG in 2006, friends of mine left the place LOVING the show but HATING Robin.  And I can't think of any other reason than, he wasn't Slash.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think anyone hates that solo. I think from a technical aspect is where it's heavily criticized. It's like "wow, great concept, but do it again - better this time". It could be better, even in it's form now.

The other aspect imo was not that the solo took away from the song, but it should've been reversed. The orchestra should've been up front, with the solo layered in the background... instead, it's the other way around. jmo

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

kind of ironic.......

i don't listen to the studio version very often because of axl's whiney vocals in the chorus - I just wish he would stay in the legit voice the whole song.

but I love the live version because of axl's vocals in the chorus - His scream is so amazing to listen to.

The rest of the song is great IMO, including the guitar solo.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Its not a love song, its a song of pain...

Board footer