You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Slash & Adam Levine Ellen Performance

Mikkamakka wrote:

For his May 11 appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show (syndicated, check local listings), Slash will be joined by Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine.

The pair will perform 'Gotten,��  from Slash'™s new, self-titled album. Levine also co-wrote the tune and sings on the recorded version. Slash also features contributions from Dave Grohl, Kid Rock, Iggy Pop, Ozzy Osbourne, Fergie and Lemmy Kilmister.

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/News/slash-0505/

The next single?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cool! its a great song

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I hope it's not the next single, because there are far better songs on that album. 

My guess is the chick from Maroon 5 is very housewife friendly, and that's Ellen's biggest audience...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This song, Back from Cali, Beautiful Dangerous, and I'll Hold On all have single potential.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Gotten's gonna be a smash hit...

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

You could argue about whether Slash should play on a show like Ellen, but this is definitely exposing him to a whole new audience (debatable whether it's a good audience), and no doubt they'll all fall for the song, as it's right up their alley!

I've actually grown to appreciate the song, I just wish it had a better guitar solo i it.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

You could argue about whether Slash should play on a show like Ellen, but this is definitely exposing him to a whole new audience (debatable whether it's a good audience), and no doubt they'll all fall for the song, as it's right up their alley!

I've actually grown to appreciate the song, I just wish it had a better guitar solo i it.

The audience Slash is being shown to are the same groupies and chicks from the 80's when GNR got big, they're just married and with kids now.  16

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This song, Back from Cali, Beautiful Dangerous, and I'll Hold On all have single potential.

I agree, but I wonder how many more singles this album will actually have.  I mean, record labels normally finance singles, don't they?  How much is an independent label going to put forth.  I'd be surprised if there were 4/5 actual singles off the album.  Not that radio won't play more than that.  Everyone seems to love "Ghost".

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

I don't care for the Maroon 5 guy, but I think with an album like this, you have to just keep pumping out as many singles as possible, making fairly cheap videos, and seeing if anything sticks with the masses.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I still think that after hearing a snippet of Back From Cali on Triple M (local crappy excuse for a Sydney rock station), that it could do well on the radio. They should release it as promo for the Australian tour, especially with the fact that Myles is the singer for the solo tour.

But then again, the Aussie shows have sold out anyway, so unless it will mean more album sales, I guess Slash would be happy with his successes in Australia so far.

Edit* I just checked the local charts and "Slash" is already out of the top 20, so maybe he could do with another boost to album sales.

Board footer