You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: God damn, how great is Estranged!!!

metallex78 wrote:

Haven't listened to it in a while and tonight I put it on, and fuck me, it's still such a powerful epic song. Slash's awesome solos and Axl's melancholy, yet inspiring, lyrics still move me like no other song has.

God damn, Axl and Slash, get on the phone to each other and get your shit together so we can be blessed to hear this live one more time!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Well... duh... it's the greatest song ever written and performed! 9

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:

Remember when it was played on the radio every day?

Those were the days.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I actually never remember hearing Estranged on the radio. I might've been very young, but I have vivid memories of everything from that era BUT Estranged being played. Maybe they had tired of Guns at that point.

I remember Jungle, Easy, Nightrain, Mr. B, Paradise, Michelle, SCOM, You're Crazy, Rocket Queen, Nice Boys, Mama Kin, Patience, Used To Love Her, You're Crazy [acoustic], LALD, Don't Cry, November Rain, The Garden, Garden of Eden, Bad Apples, Dead Horse, Civil War, Yesterdays, KOHD, You Could Be Mine, Since I Don't Have You, New Rose, Down On The Farm, Ain't It Fun, Hair of the Dog, Attitude, Sympathy For The Devil...

No Estranged. hmm

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
bucketfan wrote:

Remember when it was played on the radio every day?

Those were the days.

Not really on the radio, but I remember the debut of the video on Australian TV on a Video Countdown show at the time. They played it after Dennis Leary's Asshole video... 16

johndivney wrote:

funnily enough after getting excited about going to get slash tickets i started blasting the illusions yesterday for the first time in ages & yesterday i must've ended up listening to Estranged in particular about 10 times. at least.
words can't do that song justice.

Sky Dog wrote:

I only have a handful of Gnr songs on my ipod.... Estranged, The Garden, SCOM, Rocket Queen, Catcher in the Rye, and Prostitute.

I still love Estranged today as much as I did the first time I heard it in 1991.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

^^

Seriously?

Their entire catalog is like an all-time must, just out of respect. 16

johndivney wrote:

i have a GnR-only ipod.
and even then my main ipod has about 2gb of GnR on it anyway (inc the '06 rock am ring vid)... never travel far, without a little gn'r, man.

Board footer