You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Shacklers Revenge on radio

DCK wrote:

At some point, it stops being complex and starts being inexcusable. A complicated individual becomes a dick.

And at that point, a random hardcore fan guy have to step aside, and say "this is where I get off. I don't know enough to go down there".

But seriously, saying "You know what to expect" and "he's complicated" is just apologist bullshit. The epitome of nutswinging.

No, that's more in the lines of personal damage control, mentally being prepared to be disappointed, as experience have told us. Not so much the last years, but for those who stuck around between 2000 and 2005.

Nutswinging is more of what a certain individual said on his board lately:
"You either support the band or shut the fuck up. Easy."

That's nutswinging.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

LEAVE AXL ALONE!!!! YOU'RE LUCKY HE EVEN PERFORMS FOR YOU BASTARDS!!!!

DCK

DCK wrote:

Great reply. Very intelligent.

emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit wrote:

settle down there -- I was being funny.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

pretty sweet SR was on radio!!!

LOL

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

They played it a few times on the radio around here when it came out on Rockband2 it didnt get very favorable reviews tbh..Th DJ hated it...he liked the otehr leaks, Blues, Better, IRS, TWAT, CD, Maddy...SR...not so much, it is weird as far as being a GnR song...i like some elements of it and others are jsut way out there. the deep voice at the beginning, and the guitar at the beginning...those 2 things alone i would think throw alot of peopel off

@emcity....i thought it was funny big_smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK

DCK wrote:

Shacklers Revenge is quite possibly the most un-friendly radio tune on Chinese. I have no idea why they wanna play it. Well, I do, but it's speculation.

emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit wrote:
DCK wrote:

Shacklers Revenge is quite possibly the most un-friendly radio tune on Chinese. I have no idea why they wanna play it. Well, I do, but it's speculation.

Respectfully disagree. I think the Hi Hats and chorus are definitely mainstream/radio friendly. If it had been released in the early 2000's, when radio was more industrial friendly, it would've done much, much better.

As for least radio friendly, Scraped's first 20 seconds takes that easily. I dare you to play that at a bar on an internet jukebox and watch everyone wince in pain.

DCK

DCK wrote:

Scraped's first 20 seconds should have been left out. At least it sounds cooler live with the drums.

But Shacklers ain't a radio tune. Maybe on some rock station. Not mainstream.

Board footer