You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Galarraga robbed of perfect game

Axlin16 wrote:

See I can't stand that in the NHL. Replays should be involved in strategy in the game, not just reviewers critiqing the game. That's why it should be up to teams.

I think the only case of reviews coming from the top are things so glaringly obvious, and home runs should remain "booth" calls.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

The problem MLB will have in implementing expanded replay is determining how far to tweak the system.  Home Run Calls are around in the system, and I assume close plays at first, second, third, and home plate are probably in store after the Galarraga missed call.  Now do you expand this some more to close plays down the line (fair or foul ball) or not?

I really think that the umpires should have huddled up and discussed the controversial play (they do this sometimes with home runs).  I don't expect them to do anything regarding the strike zone that would be taking replay too far.

Even with the recent bad press, MLB still doesn't have the worse refs in the major sports, that distinction still goes to the NBA.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed. NBA refs are still blind, biased, and on the take.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

I dont know  much about baseball but they need an inquest to overturn his call

Board footer