You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: METALLICA Discussion

Rex wrote:

It's something called And Justice for Jason...

It's some of the And Justice For All tracks, but with BASS.

If someone is interested, you know what to do.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Synyster Gates wrote:

It's something called And Justice for Jason...

It's some of the And Justice For All tracks, but with BASS.

If someone is interested, you know what to do.

I've heard of this. Some fan added bass tracks to the album. I'm not a big fan of fan edits though.

Metallica should re-release this album with bass and a new mix.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

here comes the hype again....i aint buying into this time, i'll wait to see how it sounds first

METALLICA Drummer Says New Album Is Not As 'One-Dimensional' As 'St. Anger' - Jan. 8, 2008 

METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich recently spoke to Revolver magazine about the band's much-anticipated new album, tentatively due in the spring via Warner Bros. Records.

"This stuff is certainly a lot more dynamic and a lot more varied than the last couple of go-rounds," he said. "There's a lot of light and shade in these songs. There's heavy, fast, nutty stuff, and then there's some slowdowns and musical interludes. It's pretty different from 'St. Anger', and it's pretty different from the 'Load' stuff. This stuff is not the one-dimensional punch in the face that 'St. Anger' was. This is probably a little more like those couple of albums back there in the decade that begins with an '8.'"

When asked if the material represents a return to the "old school," Lars replied, "I hate to be that specific, because six months from now people are gonna go, 'What the fuck? Lars lied to us!' But it feels that way to me. It's been no secret that Rick [Rubin, producer] suggested to us that we use a couple of those records as reference points '” that we spend some time kind of accessing that headspace. So when we would come to forks in the road, sometimes the exercise became, 'What would we have done at this point in 1985?'"

For more of Revolver's conversation with Lars Ulrich, pick up the February 2008 issue of the magazine, available on newsstands now. More information is available at www.revolvermag.com.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … emID=88052

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:

I'm sure its going to be awful, Metallica just can't cut it. I'm surprised they even bother to big themselves up anymore.

Oh well, at least we may get the chance to remember that Kirk is still in the band on this album. Wish they had a better bass player than that surfy crab thing Rob Trujillo. They so shouldve gone with Scott Reeder from Kyuss....

Still, I'm sure I'll be one of the mugs buying it when it comes out and hoping that its gonna crush like Ride The Lightning but I guess it'll just be a damp squib, a bit like Slayer's Christ Illusion in the attempt to capture former glories.

Heres hoping that it'll be good though!!

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:

Wish they had a better bass player than that surfy crab thing Rob Trujillo. They so shouldve gone with Scott Reeder from Kyuss....

OH DUDE... Trujillo is amazing!

check this out...IMO Trujillo is the only saving grace...he may actually pull the guys back..specially Hammett

Locomotive98

Locomotive98 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:

Wish they had a better bass player than that surfy crab thing Rob Trujillo. They so shouldve gone with Scott Reeder from Kyuss....

OH DUDE... Trujillo is amazing!

check this out...IMO Trujillo is the only saving grace...he may actually pull the guys back..specially Hammett

Oh I dont disagree that hes a great bass player because he is very talented, he just seems like a really weird fit for Metallica. I had to turn off Live8 when he was doing all those retarded moves, I dunno, he just really grinds my gears!!

Only time will tell if theres any coming back for these guys or whether they'll produce another steaming pile.

I guess they'll never do anything as bad as Invisible Kid ever again though lol so thats a blessing...

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

16 invisible kid is prolly my fav tune off st anger...so yeah that album blows :sick:

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I think the new album is going to be killer. With the way its being built up, it could be a major disappointment, but my money is on a very good album. Hell I thought "St Anger" wouldnt have been bad if they would have just produced it better and gotten rid of that damn trash can snare. (More solos too)

Locomotive98

Locomotive98 wrote:

22:thumbup:

Neemo wrote:

16 invisible kid is prolly my fav tune off st anger...so yeah that album blows :sick:

Lol really? You'll be very happy with the new album then I am sure!! It'll be like Puppets compared to that. The only way is up from there!

Some good drums and solos will be nice as NYGiants says. Kirk was so downtrodden on that last album, Lars and James need to realise that the guy is/was a killer lead player.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:

22:thumbup:

Neemo wrote:

Lol really? You'll be very happy with the new album then I am sure!! It'll be like Puppets compared to that. The only way is up from there!

Some good drums and solos will be nice as NYGiants says. Kirk was so downtrodden on that last album, Lars and James need to realise that the guy is/was a killer lead player.

Yep, it was a crime that one of the best guitarists of our time didnt have a single solo on that whole 75 minute album.

Board footer