You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

DCK wrote:

It's not black and white. It wasn't all Axl's fault, and it wasn't all the labels fault. It's grey. It's somewhere inbetween. The two sides don't click and make mistakes, fuck up, don't agree with everything. Axl's ways of doing things vs all the stuff we've heard just doesn't make a good deal.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Whats funny is that other than the tour Axl still hasn't done any promotion...no interviews, videos etc. Is he leaving it to the other band members?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I really believe Better wasn't the first single because Robin left.

It's quite plausable.

I honestly think the album is good, I feel that with a video clip, and if the band and Axl had been booked on everything in the media, then I think a lot of people would have got into it.

But the way it went down was fighting up stream, it's not the traditional band, hell it's not even the players from the 2002 band (well it is on the record but not around the place), then there's zero promo from the band, and the record company ignores it. Pretty hard to make a splash like that.

I agree with Bumbles remarks though that in the future this album will be well regarded. It's controversal in that it's still named GNR, but all of the politics aside, musically it's a great collection of songs.

Sky Dog wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I really believe Better wasn't the first single because Robin left.

that is possible....

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

First single could have been a cover of Tutti Frutti and it wouldn't have made a bit of difference.

There's nothing wrong with the title track and it seems to unfairly be the scapegoat for the album's fate.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah the title track is a pretty cool track IMO, like it's got that big intro scream, and the guitar solos in the middle are pretty cool....you'd think people could get into it.....I think it just needed a kickass video and Axl all over the media talkin about stuff.

Sky Dog wrote:

if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass a hoppin'....

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

The title track's good; it's a great track in isolation, it's a killer album opener. But as a single, that lengthy intro kills it stone dead.

Board footer