You are not logged in. Please register or login.

LTS
 Rep: 1 

Re: CD Moggs Currently Available

LTS wrote:

I do agree that on some tracks, it sounds extremely pieced.. but c'mon.. look at what they took to make this!
The personel section has like 100 people on it. They had about 13 different full GN'R members during this record. Some songs feel pieced together because they are. Ie, Freese wrote this drum fill, then the next drum fill was Brain or Frank, Buckethead Solo over here, Robin's guitar over here, a little bit of This guy and that guy and bam.

Look at the songwriters for the title track:
Rose, Josh Freese, Buckethead, Finck, Tobias, Stinson, Reed, Costanzo, Cardieux

That's 9 people. They've been playing that live since 2000 and every couple of months something changed.

The bassline's all seem consistent because it's just Tommy & Chris

"This I Love" isn't pieced together because Axl wrote it & composed it back in the day before he... took a turn in musical direction.

Just look at this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_De … #Personnel
Those are just the People that made the cut. They've been recording this since the 90's-the fact that it's been this long and so many people have wokred on it- and it got released and didn't sound like utter shit is amazing. It either took some insane method of organization, or just somebody snapped at one point and said "ENOUGH. Just finish it already!" And I'm impressed with the 74 minute or so length- most CD's nowadays are like 30 or 40 minutes.

I Wish the industrial-type sound was more featured. You could have seen it comin' from years back (My world on UYI)- but some people don't like it- I love it. Maybe I've listened to to much Ministry, NIN, & others...

Here's another quick thing, don't believe what you read on the internet. Except the previous sentence.
especially on youtube, there's a crapload of stuff going around (people taking buckethead riffs & remixing them over other songs and claiming it's a GNR leak, the funniest one I saw was somebody who got a hold of the multi's to "the general" somehow claims that it isn't a Guns N' Roses song, that it's a demo from his band- but you can see right trough that. The internet may be the information superhighway, but it's also the misinformation street.

I didn't get If the world or IRS (it was in there but i got an error when extracting) would appreciate a link.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Hey guys - can anyone get me the Better Moggs? After listening to that Beautiful Dangerous/Prostitute remix, I fancy having a crack at layering the Better vocals over it (dunno if it'll work, but it's worth a try...).

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:

Hey elevendayempire - check your PMs...

elevendayempire

Having had a play around with the mix on This I Love... HOLY SHIT. I see what people were talking about re: the orchestra. And I say that as someone who loves Finck's solo...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

TIL's orchestra is beautiful. It might be one of the best things under the name Guns N' Roses.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

Cool, you can actually hear Bach all autotuned in the "additional instruments" track for Sorry.

I enjoy listening to these multitracks because they increase my appreciation for the original song. Like on NIN's multi's where you could pick out Saul William's background vocals, and various other little blips and stuff in the background that I hadn't picked up on originally. But after hearing it in the multi, my ear was trained to hear it in the original.

And yeah, I can understand why the multitrack scene would want to keep this under wraps until RB3 came out with another batch of 80 songs or so. If Harmonix knows their encryption is broken, they'll come up with a better scheme for the new game. If they still think it's unbreakable though, they might just leave it alone, but realistically I would expect that they would have updated it anyway.

elevendayempire

Does anyone have If The World? Want to try doing my own mix of that Slither/If The World mashup...

johnlovesyou
 Rep: 0 

johnlovesyou wrote:

Hmm, does anyone have any info on how these were unencrypted? I've compared the encrypted and decrypted mogg for prostitute and have noticed a couple things but don't know enough to attempt it myself. Thanks smile

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:
johnlovesyou wrote:

Hmm, does anyone have any info on how these were unencrypted? I've compared the encrypted and decrypted mogg for prostitute and have noticed a couple things but don't know enough to attempt it myself. Thanks smile

From the debate a couple of pages back in the thread, it sounds like there's someone in the underground remix scene who cracked their encryption scheme, but they want to keep it a secret so he doesn't get busted.

johnlovesyou
 Rep: 0 

johnlovesyou wrote:
huntermc wrote:

From the debate a couple of pages back in the thread, it sounds like there's someone in the underground remix scene who cracked their encryption scheme, but they want to keep it a secret so he doesn't get busted.

Yeah, I can imagine that quite a few people know how to do it now, through private messages and what not. Someone will eventually anonymously send out either the needed tools or the cracked files and then there will be a bustle of activity in many communities and too much going on for anyone to be pinpointed and blamed but for now this long wait has been painful. Out of all the songs uncracked there are only 4-5 that i'd so dearly love to get a hold of!
Lol how do I get into this underground remix scene tongue

Board footer