You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

Axlin16 wrote:

Actually, I think if anyone sees GN'R as a "family" it's Axl. And if you don't absolutely get along with him and see everything the way he does - you're gone. Divorced from the family.

It boils down to this. Slash felt a loyalty to the fanbase to give them the record they would want. The same way AC/DC has done 80 times over, and their fans love them for it (most of the time). Whereas Axl sees it as he records music for himself, and if you like it, that's fine. If not, fuck off. He doesn't give a shit about being nailed down to doing a certain record.

imo

Sky Dog wrote:

80 songs.....wow, even more silly than Axl's 70 song comment in 1999. Shows you how completely out of touch with reality both are.

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Actually, I think if anyone sees GN'R as a "family" it's Axl. And if you don't absolutely get along with him and see everything the way he does - you're gone. Divorced from the family.

It boils down to this. Slash felt a loyalty to the fanbase to give them the record they would want. The same way AC/DC has done 80 times over, and their fans love them for it (most of the time). Whereas Axl sees it as he records music for himself, and if you like it, that's fine. If not, fuck off. He doesn't give a shit about being nailed down to doing a certain record.

imo

After Axl made his $$$$$$$$, he didn't give a shit and made music for himself. Just adding a little to your comment....

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
madagas wrote:

80 songs.....wow, even more silly than Axl's 70 song comment in 1999. Shows you how completely out of touch with reality both are.

I don't actually think it's that far fetched.

Like he was talking song ideas between himself, axl and duff combined...like everything that each might have to bring to the table of the newly re-functional GNR.

Now given since this interview slash has done 'Snakepit 2', 'Contraband', 'Libertad', and 'Slash', Axl has released 14 songs, with talk of at least an additional album's worth almost completed, Duff has done two albums with loaded.

Not saying all of them were written back then...but it's really only like 25 song ideas each - and he was no doubt only talking about partial ideas and riffs and stuff.

I dont think he ment they had 80 songs ready for release, it was clearly pulled out of the air, but I think he just ment there were dozens of semi formed song ideas and material to work with, if they could all agree.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

^^

Agreed. Had all of their ideas been taken seriously, they would've had about 6 albums ready to go.

They would've sucked, but albums nonetheless.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Sucked? SUCKED? SUCKED???? 4 big_smile:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Axl, Slash and Duff on each other's tracks DO NOT suck 3

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

That's not what i'm getting at. I'm talking about a band, being too individualistic. 1/3 Axl, 1/3 Slash, 1/3 Duff on an album, all of them going full-bore on their trx, but half-assing on the others, because the other guy, doesn't want to cut what the other guy has wrote, because there's no respect for anyone's individual direction.

That approach very easily could've become UYI had it been recorded about a year later than it was.

Sky Dog wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Sucked? SUCKED? SUCKED???? 4 big_smile:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Axl, Slash and Duff on each other's tracks DO NOT suck 3

unfortunately, yes they can and UYI proves that. There isn't a lot of them and I love the records but there are a few stinkers.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Shotgun Blues makes Shackler's Revenge look like Welcome To The Jungle

LTS
 Rep: 1 

LTS wrote:

here's an idea they should consider for the new album:
Limit number of drummers to 1
Limit each track's rythm guitar parts to 3 (at most)
dont' have like 4 lead guitarists in the band at once
Little less Dizzy & Chris, little more everybody else.

Board footer