You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Slash Uk & Ireland Tour

johndivney wrote:

just back from the belfast gig n this guy has 2 be one of the biggest phonies i've ever seen live.
i loved this guy when i was a kid, his riffage on estranged alone changed my life, but 2night was devastingly sad.
fuck this shit.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Considering he has been nailing it on every video I've seen from the tour, I'd like you to elaborate...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

just back from the belfast gig n this guy has 2 be one of the biggest phonies i've ever seen live.
i loved this guy when i was a kid, his riffage on estranged alone changed my life, but 2night was devastingly sad.
fuck this shit.

buzzsaw wrote:

Considering he has been nailing it on every video I've seen from the tour, I'd like you to elaborate...

Me too. I didn't see that gig but at the MTV gig i saw in Melbourne he was on fire, in fact, I don't think it really covered it to say that, asside from it being a good night, you got a real sense of his unusual tallent, amazing live ability, and really that he's one of those truely special entertainers. Exact opposite to sad or phony.  Granted it was a different gig....and of course opinions vary, but I find that really surprising you'd think so.

johndivney wrote:

in the cold n slightly more sober light of morning maybe i was a bit extreme.
i was probably the only person at the show who didn't get off or leave happy.
slash played alright. but a lot of his songs are fucking boring. & a lot of it seemed to me to be real bad poseur-rock. it was a bit weird watchin this bar band supporting him considering his Guns history (with two other guitars at one point). a lot of the second half of the show was straight out of 1986, and that's not a good thing. and his top hat looks fuckin crap.

but there was also a lot of other shit going on around me last night which wasn't conducive 2 me having a good time. just people fucking with me, not least fuckin wannabe-pigs security ASSHOLES who hassled me nonstop the whole fuckin night no matter where i turned.
i've been 2 about 20 gigs over the years in that venue n never ever seen so much security & when u get such a herd of those idiots 2gether it's never good. i assume it's due 2 that guy who attacked slash on stage recently but there's still no excuse for these fuckwits on their little power trip 2 be fuckin with punters they way they do.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

I was at the show last night, and I can honestly say it was if not the best moment in my life. Qued for over 6 hours. There was only 3 people in front of us, but we were there first though. Got front row, Slash played the whole gig right in front of us, not slighty to the left or right, but exactly in front of us. Slash gave me and my friend high fives after Nightrain. We were so close it was unreal, right up at the rail. We started off on the right side of the stage were Slash plays, but throughout the night we kept getting pushed over and ended up right in the dead middle of the stage right beside Myles. It's funny because when we moved, Slash did do, so it actually benefited us. about five songs in we were in the perfect view of Slash and Mr. Kennedy.

The whole band played awesome. Myle's voice was still a bit off but it was close to perfect. He warned us at the start of Civil War that he'll need help with the song. He said he found a miracle cure over in Belfast, and brought out a bottle of Irish Whiskey and took a drink of it. After that though he went back to his tea or whatever hot drink it was.

Anyways they played through an amazing setlist over 2 hours with a sick vocalist who despite, did a better job than most of the vocalists out there today could. At the end of the show, I took out my Alter Bridge album cover and waved it in front of Myles thinking there might be a chance he'd sign it, as he was pointing and gesturing to us all night (he also pointed out my Alter Bridge Blackbird tshirt earlier in the middle of ghost) Luckily he saw me waving it and said "Oh, have you got a pen?" I did but couldn't get the fucking thing out of my pocket because it was that jammed so I shouted No. He says "Don't worry man, I'll get you a pen." So about a minute later after all the band finished their encore duties, he came over and signed it and shook my hand. What a class act. Made my night, thats for sure. Brian Fritz also gave my friend a drumstick. Overall totally AWESOME night. One I'll never forget. 9

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Cool A4L2.0! thats pretty awesome big_smile

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Very cool A4L2.0!!!!  Glad you had a better time than Johnnydivey.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

Here's a few pics of the show:

dell48.jpg

2js9bk.jpg

4vg13k.jpg

mw5d02.jpg

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

slash played alright. but a lot of his songs are fucking boring. & a lot of it seemed to me to be real bad poseur-rock. it was a bit weird watchin this bar band supporting him considering his Guns history (with two other guitars at one point). a lot of the second half of the show was straight out of 1986, and that's not a good thing. and his top hat looks fuckin crap.

Thanks for elaborating. It's one of those difference of opinion things I guess. I really enjoy a lot of VR and his solo songs. I agree it's wierd seeing him in such a small setting, but for me that just added to the atmosphere, I'd never have expected to be able to get so close.

As for it being out of 1986, for me that's one of the things I like, I really like classic rock, and slash is one of the true greats in that style, and I really like that he's just doing what he does best and not getting up there trying to reinvent the wheel. That's not a stab at Axl's experimentation either - as I feel Axl's voice suits a variety of styles (ie IF the world etc), but slash plays best in blues rock - and so i'm glad to see him up there belting it out and not writing more modern songs. Interesting you don't like the hat either...seeing him live I was surprised how cool he looks in person...haha...like it takes a certain kind of dude to pull off his look...sleveless shirt with tatts, leather pants, sunglasses at night, big hat....but he was working it. I'd have looked wacky big_smile Anyway...i totally disagree with you that's cool, it's good to hear what others think about stuff,

johndivney wrote:

but there was also a lot of other shit going on around me last night which wasn't conducive 2 me having a good time. just people fucking with me, not least fuckin wannabe-pigs security ASSHOLES who hassled me nonstop the whole fuckin night no matter where i turned.

Ahh that sucks, I hear you on that, fucknuts at a venue can really put a downer on the night real quick!

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
A4L2.0 wrote:

At the end of the show, I took out my Alter Bridge album cover and waved it in front of Myles thinking there might be a chance he'd sign it, as he was pointing and gesturing to us all night (he also pointed out my Alter Bridge Blackbird tshirt earlier in the middle of ghost) Luckily he saw me waving it and said "Oh, have you got a pen?" I did but couldn't get the fucking thing out of my pocket because it was that jammed so I shouted No. He says "Don't worry man, I'll get you a pen." So about a minute later after all the band finished their encore duties, he came over and signed it and shook my hand. What a class act.

3:rock::rock::rock:

That's total class. Great Story I love it. Myles really made a fan of me the night I saw them live too. He's a great peformer and it seems like a pretty nice guy too.

Glad to hear you had such a great night anyway!

Board footer