You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Dj Ashba and Dizzy Reed: "We're working on a new album"

Neemo wrote:
Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The point is, they need each other.

No one is spared here. Axl without the rest seems like it's missing something. Slash without the rest, needs something. Izzy, Duff, etc.

They all need each other. Just Axl & Slash, ain't gonna bring it home. Slash & Duff's instrumental brilliance plus Axl & Izzy's songwriting, makes Guns N' Roses.

That's all i've ever tried to say. I don't buy into any of the "so and so is better than the other" nah, they all feel like they're missing something.

But i'm a fair man. If Axl, Ron, DJ & Tommy hammered out a new Guns album, and it was good, they would be just as legit Guns N' Roses as any incarnation imho. 9

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ I both agree and disagree.

I think that fan remix shows you are right to an extent. Look at the way everyone loves it, and, no disrespect to the guy that made it, but those songs don't even really go together, having been writtten in isolation and with lyrics at a totally different meter to the song. Yet we love it. Why? Because there is something about Axl's voice that just goes perfectly with Slash's guitar, and something about Slash's tone that just suits Axl's voice. Sonically (politics and personalities aside) it's one of those pefect matches.

Yet I also disagree. Why? Because I really like Chinese Democracy as an album and songs, and slash isn't there. Because I went to slash's solo at that mtv gig and had the time of my life, and Axl wasn't there.

So I don't know if they *need* each other. Like I think Axl will eventually put out CD2 without slash, and I'm pretty sure it WILL be kickass. As to me, close to every song he's ever done is kickass in some way or other.

Likewise, I get off on slash's solos, and his new album is still in high rotation in my house, and I'm sure a revamped VR would be a good listen for me as well...especially with someone like Myles upfront.

So I see what you mean, in that when they are together it's a special type of magic, but then I also think in a way, them working seperate still gives us good music too.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The point is, they need each other.

No one is spared here. Axl without the rest seems like it's missing something. Slash without the rest, needs something. Izzy, Duff, etc.

They all need each other. Just Axl & Slash, ain't gonna bring it home. Slash & Duff's instrumental brilliance plus Axl & Slash's songwriting, makes Guns N' Roses.

That's all i've ever tried to say. I don't buy into any of the "so and so is better than the other" nah, they all feel like they're missing something.

But i'm a fair man. If Axl, Ron, DJ & Tommy hammered out a new Guns album, and it was good, they would be just as legit Guns N' Roses as any incarnation imho. 9

I don't buy that for a second. They don't all "need" each other. I don't think Slash "needs" Axl. Or vice versa. And its not about someone being better than anyone else. Slash has the ability to do some amazing stuff on his own. I hope one day he does it. I don't think Duff needs either of them. I'm really interested in what he's doing with Janes. He sounds great with them from what I've heard on Youtube.

I heard the Beautiful Dangerous/Prostitute remix and... 18

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I don't think they NEED each other at all. I think the fans need them togheter because that's what the fans like to hear based on their feelings, emotions and their history through life. I didn't get that Prostitute/BD thing at all. The chorus was way off and everything. But the fans clicked at once, not
*just* because it sounded musically *good*, but because it was Axl and Slash togheter and that automatically *clicks* in a GNR fans head.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
DCK wrote:

I don't think they NEED each other at all. I think the fans need them togheter because that's what the fans like to hear based on their feelings, emotions and their history through life. I didn't get that Prostitute/BD thing at all. The chorus was way off and everything. But the fans clicked at once, not
*just* because it sounded musically *good*, but because it was Axl and Slash togheter and that automatically *clicks* in a GNR fans head.

Exactly.  I know everyone (or most everyone) wants Axl and Slash to make amends and join forces again.  It ain't happening though, at least not anytime soon.  This just seems like a dead end discussion.  There are plenty of fans who love Chinese Democracy.  And there are plenty of people who love VR and/or Slash's solo album.  They certainly don't need each other for any other reason than to satisfy the fans wildest dreams.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
DCK wrote:

Disgaree. Alot of fans got it cause of what it was not who it was. For myself I love the way Slash plays. I'm not a big fan of big solos and big riffs but for some reason when Slash does it I like it a lot, always have, always will. I love Axl's voice and when you mix the two together it's magic. Had I not known that was a new Slash song I'd probably have loved that remix anyways because of what it was and not who it was if that makes sense. I'm not brainwahsed by the names of who are involved. I am taken by the sound of the two of them together. I'll love anything if I love it. I don't love things because of who it is just for the ake of it. 

They may not need each other but the best music they've ever created and likely ever will create was together and will be together. I don't need them to reunite so I can relieve the glory days like some old washed up hack. Fuck Gn'R isn't even the type music I typically enjoy anymore but I do love Gn'R cause it's just damn fucking good music. I want them to reunite so they can kick everyone's musical ass once again. The people who think there's no reason to believe Axl and Slash would make great, great music together obviously lived in a  cave between 1987-1991.  Oh sure it's the year 2010, I get that, but these arguements that there's no reason to believe are ridiculous. There is EVERY reason to believe they'd create something unbeliveabley incredible together. It's all they've every done. FACT!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

AND to boot, right now at this very moment, Axl's voice has rebounded to a point, that he sounds 25 years old again. Slash has gotten his technical shit together, that (live) he sounds 25 years ago.

This would be the perfect time to get them together.

Ironically, the biggest naysayers ARE the GN'R fanboys. You can talk about realism all fucking day, and that it ain't 1991 anymore, blah blah blah... all I know is Axl could call Slash tomorrow, cut a cover of Poker Face as Guns N' Roses, and release it and the world would shit their pants.

That's not fanboyism, that's truth baby.

As for 'need', depends on the situation. Depends on the kind of money you want to make. If Slash likes playing clubs, and Axl likes not touring the states, then fine, do your fucking thing. But when you want to get serious as fucking rock stars... we'll be waiting, cash in hand.

But faldor's right, this is a deadend argument. We've all done it a thousand times. The truth is if 2009-10 Guns had a new album out right now, we'd be all over that, and this discussion wouldn't be going on. But I do believe that new Guns has reached a point, that touring alone doesn't garner fanboy interest anymore. It ain't 2002 & 2006 anymore.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Idont care what anybody thinks, I want GNR back together

people who assume they couldn't make a great album??? WHY?

I personally find that statement to be shortsighted and full of shit.

Because its a whole new dynamic. Who knows what FTP or Slither sounds like with axl singing plus its totally not taken into account how they adjusted their music to fit Scott's vocals.

CD is good not great, Slash's album and VR were good not great

u combine the best of all the members, u get a GREAT album.

IF a band like AIC can come back after a decade with a new singer and make a great album, why the fuck couldn't GNR?

Listen to Metallica's Death Magnetic.. that damn album is the best thing since the black album... and i love it more than the black album.

U reunite GNR and get them focused.. its fucking untelling what we'd get.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ yeah I'm sure it would be awesome. There's no doubt at all.

But the thing is...it seems it's more likely Axl will join my band than reunite with slash at this stage.

Board footer