You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: I have to be honest with you...

monkeychow wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Nobody sabotaged Guns n' Roses except for one person. What's even worse than that is talent (ie the old band) snuffed out by ego.

I don't think it's quite that simple.

I think the old GNR fell appart from the exact same things that made it so damn good in the first place - the complex mix of the personalities involved.

In my opinion each and every member of GNR holds some degree of accountability for the way things went down, along with the business and society at large.

The characters in this story are all people of incredibile ability, and I think at least a couple of them have that real genius level of creativity, and that comes with the price of complex personalites, emotions and the rest.

Mix up a bunch of genius musicans, who are kids, because that's what they were when this started, add in the pressures of fame, the business, a bunch of drugs, and their own backgrounds, and it was always going to be a rough road.

Call it a solo album if you will, but I know I enjoy Chinese Democracy a hell of a lot. Would I have liked the world to adore it it? Would I like even more music? Would I also have liked the old band to produce more? Tick to all of the above. But that's not the way it played out...

I don't think Axl is a saint...I think he's just a guy who did his best with the cards he was delt..,and sure some of it might not have worked out how we'd like...but he also gave us a hell of a lot....if GNR had never existed my life would be worse off for it...so at the end of the day...cut the guy some slack, rock god he may be, but he's still human.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:

classic stuff...just reminded me of you and ID going at it.

"nothing is gonna happen Bobby, believe me...nothing is gonna happen."

"real power is something you take"
Damn JR, we are going to have to start a Dallas section. Now, to tie in the Gnr saga....Axl is JR and Slash is Bobby!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGdfPtW5 … re=related

I love that scene with Jock and Bobby. One of the classic moments in the series.

And ironically, Jock's words.... damn true to real life. Damn true.

Jock's same philosophy is the reason i've never accused Axl of strong arming the band back in the day. Axl foresaw the end, so had made a power move, and he took it. The band name. Business is business.

"Somedays you're the windshield, somedays you're the bug" - JR

Sky Dog wrote:

Jock is a stud.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Charlene Tilton.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And I find it fascinating how anyone could still have interest in what Axl's doing right now. Must be a real slow news day.

And my stuff on the band is pretty regular. I haven't strayed very far from what i've said time and again. I'm sure it's boring now, and that's why I try not to go on and on about it as I once did.

But I don't really see where it's funny. It isn't like i'm wrong, and hell, history itself has vindicated me on a few things since 2008.

Bro, it is pretty funny. You're like the paramedic breaking the news to the family that their loved one is dead and they should just move on, while the guy's still moving. "Just ignore him. He's dead." "But I'm not dead..." "Yes you are!" 16

And yeah, I'm still fascinated. And I bet if a new song leaked today this site would be overloaded with people in a second...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Sky Dog wrote:

good one..

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Drunk. Listening to the Blues. I love you all. I'd pound copious amounts of drugs and booze with you. That is all. GOOD DAY SIR!

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Reunite this fucking shit, I want it so band..  I would give up pussy for an extended period for a reuniting show.  Slash and Axl is as bing as Jagger/Richards, Plant/Page, Daughtry/Townsend, Scott/Young...  I want the final chapter written, in all its glory.. They cannot release a bad song, it is not possible, unlease they write shit like my world or shotgun blues.  I am drunki.

yeah dude but do u get pussy? Cause if u don't get pussy, u aren't sacrificing anything!:lol::lol::lol::lol::haha:

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
-D- wrote:

yeah dude but do u get pussy? Cause if u don't get pussy, u aren't sacrificing anything!:lol::lol::lol::lol::haha:

Decent Pussy = $300 an Hour ,  New GNR CD = Priceless

New mastercard commerical in the making right there 14

Board footer