You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Another 'Idol' Exit: McPhee Leaves RCA

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

All these American Idol people regardless of talent, are basically just disposable artists. They know it and the public knows it. Obviously the record company knows it as well or they wouldn't dump them all after one album.

If I was a talented singer, the last place I would go is American Idol. Sure, you get a bit of fame, but it lasts less than 15 minutes and then you have no chance because you will always be associated with the show.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

shes still hot no matter what label she's on 16

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

All these American Idol people regardless of talent, are basically just disposable artists. They know it and the public knows it. Obviously the record company knows it as well or they wouldn't dump them all after one album.

If I was a talented singer, the last place I would go is American Idol. Sure, you get a bit of fame, but it lasts less than 15 minutes and then you have no chance because you will always be associated with the show.

That's how it seems to be anymore. I believe there have been some incredible singers on that show through the years but if I was a great singer I wouldn't touch that show with a ten foot pole at this point.

I've heard and agreed for years that the best thing to do for these people is to get on the show and do fairly well, but not win it.  If you win you are basically a slave to whatever the producers want you to do for a while.  The contracts for the losers aren't near as long or strict.  So you can do what you want, or what other people might be telling you is better for you to do once you're not under their umbrella anymore.

I suppose Kelly Clarkson is an example of even being able to do the same thing if you win, but she did have to wait longer.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer