You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Sturgis, South Dakota, USA (Rock 'N Rev Festival)

DCK wrote:

Its done, its over. Noone in the industry will take a chance on them again.

I know I wouldn't. No chance.

Anyway, Bumble is the obvious deal here. I know he might have tried to play hard ball, but it sounds weird. Ron, as such a great guy, why would he disappoint so many people by quitting in the middle of it? Everyone can blame Axl, sure, but it doesn't make much sense anyway.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Mabye he stewed and stewed and finally its erupted into a big arguement. Mabye he tried playing hardball and Axls responce was...

@axlrose
All upcoming Guns N' Roses dates are officially cancelled. Please contact your place of purchase for any refunds.

Lets take what is left of the fan base and completely obliterate it.

My guess...something with Ron. Any takers on this one?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
DCK wrote:

Its done, its over. Noone in the industry will take a chance on them again.

I know I wouldn't. No chance.

Anyway, Bumble is the obvious deal here. I know he might have tried to play hard ball, but it sounds weird. Ron, as such a great guy, why would he disappoint so many people by quitting in the middle of it? Everyone can blame Axl, sure, but it doesn't make much sense anyway.

Mabye he's had all he can stands and he cant stands no more?

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

breaking news.  Ron is VR`s new guitarist.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Mabye he's had all he can stands and he cant stands no more?

Maybe. Maybe.

But I still don't think he would do it, unless Axl fired his ass.

AtariLegend wrote:

Dj ASHBAâ„¢  Dear, Creepy n' Crawly ~ Axl and I are still hanging out in rapid city! Haha! We're off to eat some breakfast now, then heading home!! See you two crazy ass fury lil' f#@ks soon! xox ~ Love psycho Dad

Ps. No I have no lost my mind, I know it's around here somewhere!

Epic... Few hrs then tongue

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:

Here's a thinker for you:

Maybe some of us actually have our heads on straight. It's NEVER gonna happen ergo there's absolutely no point wishing for it, discussing it, or jerking off to it.

I agree, there's no point bitching about a reunion, or filling every thread wishing for one when there's no way its going to happen, or getting pissed off when people disagree with you about it. It's NEVER going to happen so why keep bringing it up?

Good point Bono. 9

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:

Here's a thinker for you:

Maybe some of us actually have our heads on straight. It's NEVER gonna happen ergo there's absolutely no point wishing for it, discussing it, or jerking off to it.

I agree, there's no point bitching about a reunion, or filling every thread wishing for one when there's no way its going to happen, or getting pissed off when people disagree with you about it. It's NEVER going to happen so why keep bringing it up?

Good point Bono. 9

16 That was DCK's point. My point in rebuttal to that was

Maybe some of us actually have our heads on straight, knowing that this new band is never gonna create anything great or become the band all of us wanted them to be. It's NEVER gonna happen ergo there's absolutely no point wishing for it, discussing it, or jerking off to it.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/news/92 … 03286.html

Rock 'N Rev official blames equipment for concert delay

Axl Rose was not to blame for Guns N'™ Roses late start at the Rock '˜N Rev festival Friday night, according to Dan Catullo, a festival founder.

It was a technical glitch that took longer than expected to fix, he said Sunday.

The Rock '˜N Rev'™s 30-camera video crew was busy working on its equipment after Alice In Chains left the stage, Catullo said.

As a result, Guns N'™ Roses did not start until about 12:50 a.m. Saturday, even though they were scheduled to play around 11:30 p.m.

The late start upset some of those at the concert who threw beer bottles and cans at the stage while waiting. By the time the band took the stage, some members of the crowd had left the Rock '˜N Rev amphitheater at Monkey Rock USA near Sturgis.

Many assumed it was the fault of Axl Rose, who is known for showing up late or not at all. Catullo said that was an erroneous assumption in this case.

'I just don'™t like people becoming a fall guy or getting blamed for things when it'™s not their fault, he said. 'I thought I needed to clear the air.

Catullo said Rose was ready to take the stage by 11:30 p.m.

'I feel bad. He was the most insanely professional gentleman that I ever met, said Catullo, who spent about 30 minutes with Rose after the performance. 'He came and did his job exactly as contracted.

The technical breakdown came when Guns '˜N Roses opted to use its own sound equipment instead of the consoles provided by the festival, which the video crew was using for communications and to direct a video for a DVD of the festival, Catullo said.

On Friday afternoon, the crew realized this would be a problem, but they couldn'™t correct it without affecting other bands, so they waited until after 11 p.m., when Alice In Chains left the stage, Catullo said.

No announcement, however, was ever made to the crowd explaining the delay.

Festival spokesman Randy Alexander apologized Sunday for not informing the crowd about the technical problems.

'It took longer than expected, he said.

Catullo said they believed the problem would be resolved at any moment, and as a result, it never occurred to them to inform the crowd, especially since no specific time was set for Guns '˜N Roses to take the stage.

'It'™s not like the place had a curfew that it closed at a certain time, Catullo said.

Contact Holly Meyer at 394-8421 or holly.meyer@rapidcityjournal.com.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

All i'm gonna add to the reunion talk is... i'd still rather have one more, one off show as the final taste in my mouth of Guns N' Roses than this.

A full tour, a new album, would just be extra gravy on my final biscuit.

Board footer