You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Bumblefoot interview

Axlin16 wrote:

And neither can a guy who nearly dies from an overdose, then goes right back out and scores smack.

Axl is what Axl is, but he was young, inexperienced, and had to mind the fence with a bunch of fuck ups, himself being a fuck up.

I think it's absolutely crazy to take a situation like that, with a guy who starved three years prior to being in the biggest band in the world, to that, and go "this is how I would've done it better or Slash would've done it better". He was a bigger fuck up than Axl.

jmo

If it comes down simply to Axl being a nazi, then i'll admit I called it wrong, and tip my hat to you.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah, not to get into a big thing, but I'm sure I will.  What luck has Slash had leading a band?  GNR broke up.  He went through 2 singers in Snakepit.  VR broke up and is in disarray without a singer.  It's not like his track record is clean in that respect.  Not that there's anything wrong with it, but let's not sit here and slam Axl for not being able to keep a band together when yours truly 21 has suffered the same fate.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Both men have had their share of turbulance and band changes.

I think Slash is a more effective media player, or his managment is.

If you think about it, VR showed up, with a massive splash in all the media, had a couple of sucessful singles, had their album go double platinum, had videos, won a grammy and created a younger bracket of fans that missed the GNR era but dug VR.

Chinese democracy on the other hand was released with almost no fan fare except to hardcores, media splash was aborted, no videos, most people don't know about the singles, and a lot wouldn't even be aware of the album.

I think they're both awesome musicians and I dearly love both the new gnr album and also slash's solo stuff. I'm just sayin for whatever reason they are run very differently.

When Chinese was scheduled for release the ordering agent in my record store was not aware of it. When I told him the release date he told me it wouldn't happen and laughed at me. Contrast this to last week - when i walked into the same record store and they had a poster up of the forthcommin slash deluxe pack release, i went and order it and they tell me an exact date.

Love them both, and by no means am I saying that it's axl's fault, or slash's skill or soemthign that makes things go that way, just saying when it comes down to it, new gnr is awesome music that has been plauged by a series of business problems for whatever reason.

It's different things. VR circa contraband was almost a text book example of how to get back in the media spotlight after an absence. And slash also maintains his profile as a solo player with Guitar Hero and his new outfit even the the absence of that. GNR on the other hand was an example of the worst handled relase of a killer album i've ever seen. Don't know why it happened or how. Or who's to blame if anyone even is. But that was the way it played out.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

As far as I know Snakepit 1 was for one album and it was done when Slash went back to GN'R. Snakepit 2 died, cause it had little to none success and Perla arrived with her ambitions. VR did well (as a band), but Scott is almost Axl II. They're still together, but need a frontman.

I'm not saying that Slash can lead a band properly, cause I'm sure he can't, but the big difference between Slash and Axl that Salsh does not even want to lead a band ALONE, while Axl cannot imagine having other people with an ounce of say in the band. With the personalities and leading abilities classic and post-classic GN'R had, it was meant to be a democratic band, or at least a band, and not one lunatic gazing into his crystal ball and deciding everything then changing his mind every time he sees a black dove or when a fly farts. The past 15 years proved GN'R to be the worst led band EVER. Thanks to Mr. Axl 'Just one guy can have the wheel' Rose. Cause he wanted full control then let the car go off the hill, then blames the whole planet for his fuck-ups. (Then goes to take the money from the insurance company.)

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

What's absurd about Axl's stance is he doesn't allow the band itself alot of say, yet the most insignificant, inexperienced people in his inner circle are confidants.

Irving Azoff or Slash doesn't get it, but Del James does.

yeah right

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

alot of those questions are embarrassing especially towards the end

its no wonder ron kinda gets his back up...those familiar with Ron's history in the band know that he doesnt answer those questions

its not political dodging of questions...he just doesnt answer them

besides how would any of us like it if people were asking questions like that about co-workers? that we know they would read and or hear about? "Hey i hear your boss is a real asshole, what do you have to say about that?" and "I heard a rumor that your predecessor was coming back to the company and that you will be getting thrown out on your ass, thoughts?"

gimme a break

Meh who cares. Its' "Guns N' Fuckin' Roses" he knew what he was getting into.  It'd be like if some new drummer took the place of Lars in Metallica. What'ya think people are gonan ask him? They have every right to ask the questiosna nd nobody should be offened when they do. Ron's a cool guy and yeah maybe he's bored of it but whatever.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:

Yeah, not to get into a big thing, but I'm sure I will.  What luck has Slash had leading a band?  GNR broke up.  He went through 2 singers in Snakepit.  VR broke up and is in disarray without a singer.  It's not like his track record is clean in that respect.  Not that there's anything wrong with it, but let's not sit here and slam Axl for not being able to keep a band together when yours truly 21 has suffered the same fate.

Faldor, compare Slash's current album and his personal media push, twitter updates, interviews, videos, on stage performances, playing on time, rocking the house with Axl's twitter debacles, no promo for CD, no videos, no interviews, hit or miss live, going on stage late, angry fans, and you tell me currently who has their shit more together.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Faldor, compare Slash's current album and his personal media push, twitter updates, interviews, videos, on stage performances, playing on time, rocking the house with Axl's twitter debacles, no promo for CD, no videos, no interviews, hit or miss live, going on stage late, angry fans, and you tell me currently who has their shit more together.

Yes Perla has his shit together

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:

Did I ever say Slash didn't have his shit together?  Did I ever say Axl was more fan friendly than Slash was?  Please refer me to where I said those things.  I was simply pointing out that Slash hasn't had a sterling record when it comes to keeping bands together, just like Axl.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Let's not start reading into things or putting words in my mouth or thoughts in my head.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:

Did I ever say Slash didn't have his shit together?  Did I ever say Axl was more fan friendly than Slash was?  Please refer me to where I said those things.  I was simply pointing out that Slash hasn't had a sterling record when it comes to keeping bands together, just like Axl.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Let's not start reading into things or putting words in my mouth or thoughts in my head.

Okay, I guess... Snakepit 1 and Snakepit 2 were 2 different bands.... Snakepit 1 was only a band for one album, cause GNR was still his main band.  VR, though on life support, is still a band.

Board footer