You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

DCK wrote:
russtcb wrote:
DCK wrote:

DJ said they are going to play.

Hope they will. This will be one of the most controversial GNR concerts ever.

In a perfect world, they would hit the stage in the right time and launch into the most aggressive set ever. Axl would be on fire and people would love it. That would be cool and I'd take that entertainment any day.

Exactly. Here we are again; GN'R have put themselves in a position to really triumph. Will they?

I don't know....seriously don't know.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i dont even care about the leeds fesival...thats baby steps...talkin about the whole picture here

regardless of what this band does in the future, it wont be the right thing, i can guarantee that...i've never seen a larger group of sceptics (fans) anywhere 16

Axl created it.  Now he has to live with it.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
faldor wrote:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/3d0gb5

On Sunday 29th August 2010, @DJASHBA said:

Nobody will ever realize the amount of bullshit that Axl gets thrown at him on a daily basis. If you only knew the half of it, you would understand. Trust me I don't know anyone out there that could deal with what he has to, to keep a monster like Guns N' Roses rolling and still get on stage and perform like he does. My hat goes off to him. I have nothing but respect for Axl, and always have, even before I joined the band. He is one of the few living legends of our time. He is the real deal, like it or not, he stands for what he believes and wears his heart on his sleeve. He is all about his fans, we all are....thats why we give 200% every concert we do. We love you guys more than life, and we could never thank you enough for all the love and support. See you all soon, until then Im going to sit back, buckle up and enjoy the most dangerous, reckless roller coaster ride of my life!

Amazing he could type that with Axl's dick in his mouth.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Neemo wrote:

unfortunately these guys asre in a position that they cant win right now...it doestn matter what they do at this stage cuz there are people (around here and elsewhere) that will slam them regardless

I completely disagree.

How about they show up on time? Early even? Play a little more than usual. Apologize for THEIR part in what happened at Reading? Any of those things would stop the bashing immediately.

It might stop the bashing HERE and at other forums, well at least lessen it, but I don't see the people THERE taking too kindly to them tonight.  Hope I'm wrong though.

They could easily get the crowd on their side right away if they owned up to their mistake. Axl could just say something like "I apologize for the band going on late last night. We thought we could finish our set before curfew, but obviously we were wrong and it was a mistake. We should have went on time to make sure you got your money's worth. I would like to thank the festival organizer's for all their work and extending curfew to 12. Most importantly, I would like to thank you fans for sticking with us and spending your hard earned money to come see us. I hope we could start to make it up to you by giving you a show to remember." Then proceed to give a killer performance.

He'd win a lot more people over to his side if he just owned up to his actions and act like the fans matter instead of shuffling the blame elsewhere and acting like he is the victim once again.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

They were terribly late. At least they could have left out the boring solos. They chose not to, although most bands play no solos, but songs only, cause they have less time to perform than on a 'normal' show. It proves furthermore how much they care.

DCK

DCK wrote:

gunsnroses

Please feel free to share retweet, etc.: The show tonight at #leedsfestival is ON!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK

DCK wrote:

No, I gave them kudos for it as well. Just took them some time to give the clear message.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Man, that's a rough crowd to win over. Period. I won't be shocked if there's a riot tonight.

Naah, People have to give a shit to riot. 

That's the beauty of a festival, it's not 10,000 people just there to see them.

Board footer