You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Neemo wrote:

saw superman 3 last night on TV....it was really bad 16

it was the one with richard pryor and they had t his supercomputer thing....superman became bad so that was actually kinda neat, pretty good acting by reevesmy favorite was when he blew out the olympic torch..that bastard 4 14

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the new one was pretty good...if you like current trendy action films

of the old ones, I and II were good...but again if you enjoyed the whole 80's action film genre

Russ i cant beleive you havent seen superman's or Rambo's 10 ...geez what did you do in the 80's 16

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I saw

We Are Marshall is a must see for any Football fan IMO wink it was really good, i couldnt stop watching

EXCELLENT movie, I have to agree with Neemo that anyone who is a fan of football and/or played the sport needs to watch this movie.  It was a huge tragedy but a great story of human resolve and strength.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I saw I Am Legend yesterday. Agree with the people who'd already seen it and posted in this thread. I thought it was pretty good, I was surprised at how much they focused on the horror element, I'd heard the basic plot before I saw the film but I wasn't expecting the horror/thriller angle to such an extent. I'd recommend it.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

As an Arrested Development fan, I'm anticipating Jason Bateman's and Michael Cera's reunion in Juno.  I'll probably see that next weekend at some point.

Juno looks good.   It's the same actress that was in Hard Candy.  James turned me onto that movie and it was great.

F*ck Fear
 Rep: 4 

F*ck Fear wrote:

Rob Zombie's Halloween.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Ok. I watched the second Pirates movie just now and it seemed like a really long commercial for the third one. Am I wrong?

No, you're not wrong. It was a cliffhanger cash grab even though it didn't need to be. The movie made almost $1.1 billion worldwide and would have made that much regardless of the obvious attempt to drag people back for the third movie, which made $960 million.

As for the question of this thread, I watched the Zodiac HD DVD last night and today. It has over 6 hours of high def content. The movie is 2 hours, 42 minutes and looks GREAT in high def. And then there's the special features. There is a 1 hour, 42 minute long documentary with interviews from the policemen, dispatchers, surviving victims, and other experts on the case to paint a picture of each of the commonly attributed Zodiac crimes. Then there is a 41 minute documentary on the prime suspect Arthur Leigh Allen. Then there's a 55 minute documentary on the production of the film. And there's a 15 minute featurette on the CGI that is used in the film -- I had no idea that they used so much CGI. It looks very realistic in the movie itself (mostly buildings and background type stuff, as well as some blood during the shootings/stabbings). All of those features are in high def. It's a hell of a package and I didn't even have to pay for it (used a Best Buy gift card to pay for it).

AtariLegend wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Ok. I watched the second Pirates movie just now and it seemed like a really long commercial for the third one.

I liked it....

Street Fighter 2: The Animated Movie  (Uncut, Uncensored Version)

julia (babydolls)
 Rep: 6 

Watched Mirrormask the other night.  weird doesnt cover it.  now I like "fantasy" films and loved Pan's Labyrinth for example. As a kid I was really drawn to the darker themes in Labyrinth (honestly, it wasnt just david's tight trousers...!) and the dark crystal and return to oz - but this.....  Well. i was aware that Neil Gaiman had a hand in it (as a writer) and have read and enjoyed some of his work previously (Sandman) - but I just couldnt get with this at all.  would go so far as to say it was one of the least enjoyable movies I've ever watched.  It's also one of the few films I didnt bother watching the ending!  It was made by the Jim Henson company - so i wasnt expecting it to be quite so fkn hard to watch. I honestly dont know what to say about this one apart from that I think I'd rather watch almost anything else than see it again!  As a comic book - it would probably have held my attention a lot more - somehow in the filming process, it just lost it completely.  Anyone here seen it?

Board footer