You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Re: Spears gives up kids after standoff

Seven wrote:

Glad you guys are so aware of the conservator laws that you think her family will have an easy time having her involuntarily committed. Further glad you think this will help. Most of the mental health professionals I have talked to do not think this is necessarily Bi-polar (popular word though). They think it could be born of repeated recent trauma (we all process trauma diffrently what is traumatic to one person might be nothing to another) and the repetitive cyclical anxiety associated... Being professionals they would not go on TV and announce it NOR would they deal with her family prior to her being declared incompetent. Charge on....Media..... Hope they do her better than the little girl in Las Vegas they claim does not remember being raped and the message those mental health professionals sent to predators and sexual trauma survivors around the world through the media....

Regardless Britney has been through one shock after another, like dominoes, sometimes when that becomes your reality it is the only reality you know, she has not received kind treatment form anyone that I can see... Tough love is a crock of shit in my opinion I never learned anything because someone was nasty or condescending to me.  Judgment and force might appear to be the answer but in restoring someone to wholeness....this approach rarely work.. I suppose it helps to look at her as if she could be your child and see all the crap she has been through IS PART of what is causing her to act the way she is...But since the family is part of the trauma I will not hold my breath this is going to happen, more likely they get a hold of her money, make it impossible for her to ever have normal relationship (legally or otherwise) with her children.  I mean no disrespect to you DTJ and James knows I often differ from but respect his opinion but from the perspective of artist, parent, singer and someone who has worked in the guardianship court, lived and dealt with Hollywood and Malibu I just do not sympathize with your perspective. As an artist I rarely fit into the nine to five world. The wonderful thing about Democracy is we are able to disagree, and wherever you get your press from it is still the press to me which is hardly a balanced picture of what is going on in her entire life or how or why she is acting the way she is.   The fact someone appears to be diagnosing her without ever seeing her or talking to her, is already worrisome and incredibly unethical...As far as her kids, the sympathy I have for her as a mother is an endless well, the skills you are talking about can be learned and taught (diet, sleeping patterns, car safety), whether the hole in heart (obvious for all who can see to see) can be fixed,, that is another story altogether. One that will not be as popular to the media.

What shock has she undergone after another?  The only shocks she's had is of her own doing.   Her divorce is a shock but I don't know who left who actually.  It's seems to me, after she cheated on Justin and he left her, her world went down hill from there.   

As far diagnosing her, I agree, who knows if she's bipolar or not or just being crazy, rebellous and selfish but she needs to get help for herself to find these things out but she doesn't want to, that's apparent.   She doesn't take responsibility for taking care of her kids accept wanting them but she doesn't make an attempt to TAKE CARE of them, big difference.    It doesn't even seem like she wants them by missing all those depositions to discuss that very thing.   

Bottom line, SHE needs to get help, she needs to seak it out or accept the help that people are trying to give her, she left the hospital on her own not accepting any help that could have been given to her.  I am sure people have tried to teach her about parenting, I'll bet money someone has, I am sure her mother or her ex husbands mother, grandmothers, even her ex husband who has other kids usually don't sit idle by and watch kids not getting the proper care.    Is why her ex husband wants them away from her because she is an endangerment to them.   

She doesn't do the right thing, never has since she had them and by the looks of it, never will, until she gets the help she desperately needs.   If she wants to be treated with dignity and respect well she better have some self respect and get out of this terrible crazyness she's done to HERSELF.

Seven

Seven wrote:

She is as we are all to some extent the product of her environment. I view this, her actions AND there consequences as one. I remain sympathetic and in prayer for her (not even a fan of her or her music). The odds of recovery at this point are about the same for her as most child stars, slim.

Trauma is different for everyone...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_trauma

Seven

Seven wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

None of it is tabloid based. Its all the truth, and Britney and her leaches will be the first to confirm it as truth.  Hard to try and deny something coming from the horse's mouth, and quoting immature and lame Axl lyrics isn't going to change that fact.

If you're interested in defending a celebrity from the tabloids, you've picked the wrong celebrity.

I guess I can defend who I want, I thought the lyrics were fitting....tee hee hee......

Seven wrote:

She is as we are all to some extent the product of her environment. I view this, her actions AND there consequences as one. I remain sympathetic and in prayer for her (not even a fan of her or her music). The odds of recovery at this point are about the same for her as most child stars, slim.

Trauma is different for everyone...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_trauma

Sure it is.   I just feel I can't have any sympathy for her because she continues to ignore help and makes things worse for herself.  I even read that Joey Fatone told her to move and get out of Hollywood now that would be the best thing for her.    Can't help those that won't help themselves.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Seven

Seven wrote:

If indeed she is suffering psychological trauma its like a freight train with no breaks, its not a matter of her willfully making bad decisions, she is operating on complete overload...in other words it is no longer a fully intact Psyche making decisions she is fragmented...I guess that is what I was trying to point out. Not a medical fix for that necessarily just time and love, more stress just continues to accelerate the trauma. Being put in an institution against her will and blamed will probably kill her. Not a good scenario not character weakness, not a drug addict but a person in dire need of understanding why she is doing what she is doing. Unfortunately a little to in depth for the media...Too much time to be a sound bite.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Seven wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

None of it is tabloid based. Its all the truth, and Britney and her leaches will be the first to confirm it as truth.  Hard to try and deny something coming from the horse's mouth, and quoting immature and lame Axl lyrics isn't going to change that fact.

If you're interested in defending a celebrity from the tabloids, you've picked the wrong celebrity.

I guess I can defend who I want, I thought the lyrics were fitting....tee hee hee......

Sure, you can defend who you want. Just shouldn't be surprised that the logic you are using(which is valid in other cases) doesn't apply to Britney.

Of course she's had a strange and unusual life, and one that has had very little structure. I still don't see how or why the media should be blamed for this. She embraced being an attention whore 110%.

The sad thing about this is she doesn't have anyone around her that really wants to help. She is their meal ticket. They are looking out for their own interest and do not want to bite the hand that feeds them.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Seven

Seven wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:
Seven wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Sure, you can defend who you want. Just shouldn't be surprised that the logic you are using(which is valid in other cases) doesn't apply to Britney.

Of course she's had a strange and unusual life, and one that has had very little structure. I still don't see how or why the media should be blamed for this. She embraced being an attention whore 110%.

The sad thing about this is she doesn't have anyone around her that really wants to help. She is their meal ticket. They are looking out for their own interest and do not want to bite the hand that feeds them.

oh come on now James I'll attack the media if i want too....tee hee hee

Board footer