You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Re: Stinson Vents at Del James During Dublin Concert

Stepvhen wrote:

Here check this out. Look how fucking close the crowd were to the stage!!! couple of meters was all there was between the stage and the barrier!!

Of course there was going to be shit hitting the band!

58941_426468041874_195718696874_5319511_7192248_n.jpg

And when the guys on stage are better built than the security you know you're fucked

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

Stepvhen wrote:
estrangedpaul wrote:

"fucked up the ass by an egotistical maniac, and no Irish person is gonna take that shit" so thats why they responded with abuse.

What's this bullshit? Were better than other people because were Irish? Load of shit. Were a nation of pussies who like to tell stories about how great we are. I'm not buying that "no Irish person would stand for this" bullshit. It was mob mentality on the night. " Oh look they're throwing stuff.. I guess I'm supposed to throw stuff too... Oh now were all booing.. Cool.. Me to.."

Yeah I know but thats the kind of thing I'm reading about it.

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:
estrangedpaul wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
estrangedpaul wrote:

"fucked up the ass by an egotistical maniac, and no Irish person is gonna take that shit" so thats why they responded with abuse.

What's this bullshit? Were better than other people because were Irish? Load of shit. Were a nation of pussies who like to tell stories about how great we are. I'm not buying that "no Irish person would stand for this" bullshit. It was mob mentality on the night. " Oh look they're throwing stuff.. I guess I'm supposed to throw stuff too... Oh now were all booing.. Cool.. Me to.."

Yeah I know but thats the kind of thing I'm reading about it.

I know I'm seeing the same shit turning up all over the place as though there was a national Decision made at the show that "we irish don't take kindly to late starts and therefore shall fuck bottles and shit". I never knew the press in this country was so fucking slanted

OutlawPete
 Rep: 4 

OutlawPete wrote:

Just signed up there as I couldn't believe what I was reading.

People blaming the Dublin fans?

Irish fans are the best fans in the world, we give 110% at every gig.

Check out the last two shows at the O2 on YouTube, RATM and Pearl Jam and you'll see that you would be hard pushed to find a more generous and responsive crowd.

That guy is an asshole plain and simple.

It's always somebody else's fault with Axl.

At Reading it was the event management and police, always something or someone else, never Axl.

I was at that gig, I adore everything GnR, since I was a kid, I'm 37 now.

I seen Slash here a few months back @ Vicar St, Duff / Loaded @ The Academy and Velvet the year before @ The Ambassador, all sheer class and total fcuking professionals.

Slash showed up TOO early and joined us in the bar, he then preformed for two hours, giving a performance like he was a teenager trying out for his big break.

Then he could have been excused for going back to his hotel, but he didn't, he spent 90 minutes signing autographs.

Danko finished at 9pm sharp, now we all know Axl's form, so nobody was really expecting the guy to turn up at 9.15pm (the time ALL main acts appear at the O2, without exception) and so the atmosphere was great, as always.

Now, the O2 has a STRICT 11pm curfew, always has (even when it used to be The Point Depot).

This is not because Harry Crosbie wants it that way, he could not give a fcuk if bands played until 5am, but its has to be 11pm for transport reasons.

Lots of multi stories lock up at midnight and your car is lock down till 8am if you don't collect it, trains and buses all leave at 11.30pm etc.

If you live in Dublin like myself, no big deal - but if you are after driving for four hours to see the concert, your basically on the streets for the night.

So, long story short - the curfew is there for a reason, we all know about it in Ireland and EVERY band is made aware of that also.

Pearl Jam were victims of it a few months back, here is a video of where the house lights went on at the end of Alive to signal the show was over and they were not to preform any more songs.

They did however and it was done with the house lights on, Eddie then staged somewhat of a mock sit-in, sparked up a cig and opened a bottle of wine, here is some footage I shot:

Okay, so now picture the scene, it's 10pm and everyone has been standing there for one hour waiting for Axl, Dublin's a small place and everyone was getting texts saying the guy hadn't left the Four Seasons.

People starting booing the stage at that point.

So when he (I say he, as I don't think the other band members would do this crap to their fans) didn't show up for yet another half hour, the crowd were fuming.

90 minutes is a fair old time to be standing there after the support, especially with the curfew in place.

Everyone was thinking, 'there is only a half hour left, wtf is going on?'

So, on they storm to boos, Axl cocky as fcuk as if we shouldn't care he is so late, that was disrespectful to 14,000 fans who just paid $100 to see you.

He could have said:

"Hello Dublin, sorry we're late, looks like we'll be here till after midnight"

That would have settled the crowd, but he never addressed them once.

It's was highly disrespectful.

Let me clear up a few things at this point.

No GLASS bottles were thrown at him or the stage.

The O2 does not sell or allow glass on the premised.

The sell plastic pints and very soft plastic containers that look like bottles, they are not.

One of the plastic pints was flung threw the air, here is the pic:

gnrplasticpint.jpg

He gave a warning at that point, but he looked pissed off from the moment he appeared on stage.

I would say without question that there was rows before that gig about the curfew and why they were late.

Harry does not mince his words.

Anyway, then a plastic bottle landed near him, and off he went.

Houselights came on and almost half the crowd left as it was 11.10pm.

When he came back on at 11.36 (the rest of the time reports are bulls**t, they played till 12.52.

Axl stood at the back beside the drumkit and did not move other than to walk off a dozen or so times when he wasn't singing.

He did not interact with the crowd that had stayed and sang and danced to every song.

He acted like a spoiled brat, just look at the end of PC:

Look, people can make excuses for him, but there comes a time when you have to admit that the guy is an attention seeking prima donna.

He does not deserve the talent he undoubtedly has.

Please don't blame the Dublin crowd guys, maybe they were the first to show this guy that he needs to start having some fcuking respect for the people that have made him a multi millionaire.

Money doesn't come easy to people these days and $100 is a good chunk of cash for people and he should show some a little appreciation to people that spend their hard earned and just try and show up to gigs somewhat closer to the time that he is contracted to.

I'm done with the guy now, I wouldn't give him a cent of my cash again.

The band were amazing by the way and the crowd adored them for it.

While Axl was at the back of the stage, the crowd cheered and applauded everything they did.

The guitarists regularly hung over the crowd and not once did they get anything throw at them, why would they.

People knew who was the asshole there that night.

Anyway, this is how you handle plastic bottles been thrown 22

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:

The security was shit and Axl just assumed it was going to be another show and he could turn up late as usual, blissfully unaware of the shit storm that was starting to brew down the road, and when he turned up, security couldn't contain the bottle throwing and boom. Gone.

I don't agree with the bias against the band in the press. Fuck that was still one hell of a concert, and he may not have been dancing round the stage, but his vocal delivery was anything  but half assed.

DJ Ashba and Tommy made it !!! Those 2 were just excellent. Rons playing was great but just watching DJ and Tommy doing amateur acrobatics was great.

Fortus looked like a man possessed his eyes were fucking scary,

Very nice first post.

Seemed to be a lot of casual fans there

I don't think there's anyone blaming the crowd either.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

It seems that axl is actually holding the rest of the band back.

johndivney wrote:
OutlawPete wrote:

The guitarists regularly hung over the crowd and not once did they get anything throw at them, why would they.

they got fairly pelted during CD & the start of Jungle. i was standing below Bumble & he moved into the middle of the stage pretty early, ashba & 4tus made trips over & got a similar reaction - tho most of the crowd were trying to get off & have a good time. i think even some of the morons throwing bottles thought they were having a good time. but there definitely were some bitter prats throwing stuff at anyone in their line of fire, axl & the band.

the rest of your report is pretty accurate, times especially..

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Tommy leaving would be a non factor. u guys crack me up like this would be some major blow. U think the attendance would drop one single person? NO way.

if u can survive losing steven,izzy,slash,duff,sorum,bucket,robin,freese,brain..u can survive this. People are there for Axl, i seriously doubt anyone buys a ticket to see anyone other than Axl. u think Replacement fans are turning up in droves at GNR shows? NO way.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I don't think anyone is blaming the crowd as a whole.  But some "idiots" in the crowd, and YES they were acting like idiots.  You have a right to be upset and you can boo all you want to show your displeasure, but there is no situation where throwing things at any band should be condoned.

By the way, who the hell are Daphne and Celeste and why did that crowd hate them so much?  They seemed alright to me.  Obviously those two were just happy to get any attention whatsoever from the crowd.  I'd hardly compare that to the incident in Dublin the other night.

Here's another way to handle things being thrown at you.  Some people just don't like it.  Imagine that.

[youtube]IfZm32tpWY8&feature=PlayList&p=4B47C6E0AB596609&index=0&playnext=1[/youtube]

And let's cool it with the "they were ONLY plastic bottles".  Those plastic beer bottles can still cause some damage.  Let me toss a few in your direction and see how you like it.  And I repeat, IF they sold glass bottles they would've thrown them.  Let's not give the idiots who threw the plastic ones credit for anything.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Check out that PC ending clip^^^^  It is hard to tell with the confetti , but about .37 sec it looks like something bounces off his hat.  In that situation I would be pissed also.

mabe these places should sell the light plastic cups. I also believe they should toss out people out that cause these issues.

Shure..start on time. respect your fans, give them there moneys worth! on the same token respect the band, do not toss stuff at them  hang on to your trash and toss it in garbage can?

I remember reading that Lynyrd Skynyrd had to stop preforming Gimmie back my bullets live in the 70's because the crowd would throw bullets at the stage.

Board footer