You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Alice's take on Axl

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

Hell, even if this was called "The Axl Rose Project", I'm sure we'd be getting pretty much the same setlists.  Would that still be a problem for some?

Absolutely. Going solo or starting a new band but living in 1987-91 would just prove his tank is completely empty. Cornell moved on from Soundgarden to solo to Audioslave without even blinking, and only performed a few Soundgarden songs during that entire Audioslave run.

If anyone expects less from Axl, just admit its nothing more than a nostalgia trip.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Alice's take on Axl

jamester wrote:
Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

You mean to tell me, he changes the name of the band and all that goes away and is forgiven?  I just don't buy it.

No but all the bitching about what the guitar players look and sound like would go away. Lose the name Guns N' Roses and there's no expectations to sound anything like it save for when you play a handful of old songs in concerts but even then it's not Gun N' Roses so people would more easily accept it as a straight up cover. Lose the Gn'R name and he woudln't have to worry about playing a Gn'R back catelogue heavy set every night. Velvet Revolver is more Guns N' Roses then Gn'R but people didn't go to a VR show expecting to hear 15 Guns N' Roses songs. Axl NEEDS to play the old songs cause he's taken the name.

Use Slash right now for example.  Slash does Gn'R songs with a  different singer but nobody bitches cause it's not Gn'R and it isn't supposed to be. Believe me if this was just Axl Rose solo project or some other name his musical choices would be much more accepted without the comparisons. That's just straight up common sense.

This is your opinion or fact? They will never live down the past.
  Axl ,Slash, Duff, Steven, Izzy ARE expected to sound like GNR.Have you seen one interview that dosen't state first X guns and roses member?  Did you not read the recent x manager interview? Izzy on  for VR would be everyone but AXL and expectations would be to high. VR without Izzy and Axl you have no one to write  hit lyrics. VR were simi sucessful, But they said Weiland was a poser singing nightrain every night. I love Izzy and Duff but there records didn't do much. Slash will soon be on happy meals to promote his new record. And only plays Atlanta to 1,100 people in a city of how many? Not to mention the area of people that do not mind driving to Atlanta?

How many times has Myles been compaired Axl? To quote buzz and all the people that feel that way " I'm not interested to see AXL with FAKE Slash" or I'm not interested in seeing Slash with FAKE  Axl"  it will never be the same as Appetite or UYI  for any of these guys.

NO MATTER WHO'S IN THE LINEUP !! (Original members included)

The GnR name, Axl's voice, Slight interest in Bucket and Brain & the CD "Myth" sold CD well for todays market without promotion.

People will always  "bitch" regardless of who is in it or if everyone abandon it including AXL ! they would talk about him and anyone that ever had anything to do with guns and roses because they cant recreate their success. 

I recently reread the  UYI review from Rolling Stone posted on this site and found this and said this.

"http://www.gnrevolution.com/disc.php?id=3364"

"In the four years that have passed since Guns n' Roses first combined opposing symbols and upset the apple cart with willful disregard for rock & roll legend, interest in the band hasn't waned: 18,000 people will actually wait for them to come out onstage two hours late; the single "You Could Be Mine," off II and featured in Terminator 2, has sold nearly 2 million copies; and the band's slightest misstep becomes controversy and turns established magazines and newspapers into veritable Guns n' Roses fanzines. No wonder they take themselves so seriously."

Does any of this sound familiar? This review is from the early 90's.

At the end of the day it dose not matter! People like it or not its all buzz and controversy that keeps GNR in the news and tickets selling.(like it was in the good ol days)

Board footer