You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Re: Alter Bridge AB 3

Stepvhen wrote:

Great album best rock n roll album in years

It's soo fucking heavy you gotta wonder how Myles ended up with slash when he's into such heavy shit in his own band.

Man it just goes to show that a heavy ass band can be excellent when they got a good Singer

Review here
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/ … index.html

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Interesting, I picked it up yesterday cos I like myles these days, but it doesn't seem so heavy to me.

I dunno i'm trying to like alter bridge but it sounds so radio new rock to me. I can't tell any of the songs appart, occasionally there's a cool guitar solo, but the rhythm parts are all so modern rock....vocals are cool though.

Don't mean to be pissing on it for you guys that like it though, just i'm having trouble getting into it. So, for me it's sort of an example of the reverse of what steven said...i think that without myles this album would be total snoozefest and that it clearly shows you need more than vocal chops to make a song dynamic. I think myles in VR would be way more interesting than this stuff.

But maybe I should give it a few more listens.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Having another listen...i was a bit grumpy-pants I think...does have some good songs...so might have been a bit hasty. But I still prefered myles with slash. To me this album is cool background music while I do something else, GNR is like foreground music...if that makes sense!

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:

Yeah perfect sense. Love Myles Vocals, cant wait for the live slash album and def gonna cath Alter on tour this year

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

Amazing album. "Isolation", "Ghost of Days Gone By", "All Hope Is Gone", and "I Know It Hurts" are all amazing. Going to see them in Nottingham on weds. Can't wait.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

The ending of Words Darker Than Their Wings is incredible. 

Myles needs to join a better band.

Stepvhen

Stepvhen wrote:

Awww dood. Alter Bridge  are a tight outfit

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

Awww dood. Alter Bridge  are a tight outfit

But way too generic for such a talented singer. 

It'd be like Axl fronting Poison.

Board footer