You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Ozzy Osbourne Discussion

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't know if this thread will have enough juice, but I got interested in posting it to guage fans here. Now I know there's some fans hear of the Oz. Sabbath, BLS fans, Zakk fans, Ozzy w/ Slash, Ozzy w/ Motorhead, i've seen 'em here before.

So are you an Ozzy fan, how much are you a fan (casual, diehard, want to have children with Kelly), and what albums or songs do you like? What do you think of certain era's of his career, whether Sabbath or now? Fuck Sharon, want to fuck Sharon. Favorite songs, albums, guitarists...

Chat away

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

big fan of Ozzy, Sabbath (up to master of reality) and Solo stuff. but tend to be more partial to stuff up to ozzmosis

never seen him live though sad

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I haven't ever seen him live either. I wish I could've seen him live during the mid-80's, which despite it being his darkest in terms of drugs, was my favorite his music.

(dude I had this huge fuckin' post breaking down every album, and got up through Ozzmosis and then accidently hit the "subscribe" button erasing everything. I had been working on that for an hour. I'm gonna try again later 16 )

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

redarmy76
 Rep: 5 

redarmy76 wrote:

I've got tickets given to me to see him in Toronto in November.  I'm not a huge fan, like his work over all the years, and wouldn't consider going unless these tickets were freebees.  Has anybody seen him lately, what kind of show does he put on.  I've heard that Slash is joining him for some dates next year, just wondering what kind of band he's got behind him

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

If I had to pick one favorite album from Sabbath and his solo years each it would be Paranoid from Sabbath (based on Faires Wear Boots alone) and Diary of a Madman, but damnit if I don't LOVE that Ozzmosis album and ofcourse No More Tears.

See I just never got into Ozzmosis that much. It's a fair album to me. It has some great tracks, "Old L.A. Tonight" being a personal fave, but there are some down points on that album.

His weakest output is his most recent, Scream. Maybe it just hasn't had the time to sink in, but I think it had the fewest likable tracks of any album he's released to date, and for the first time ever, I thought it was  a poor effort on his part. I got it for cheap, $8 bucks at BB, but I really thought the only memorable trx were Let Me Hear You Scream, Life Won't Wait, Diggin' Me Down & Time, specifically the latter. Black Rain wasn't much better.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

I like oz a bit. Who dosent like a lil bit o black sabbath?   No more tears was my fav. First dance was to him and Lita Fords song. I like blizzard.  That reality show really turned me off. I think its funny Oz and Metallica traded bass players. post Zakk feels watered down to me. Its cool to see slash jam with oz! But to me thats Zakks gig

Im a Zakk fan I really liked his southern rock bit Pride n Glory. His dimebag tribute was awesome.  The first BLS  is good . Now the guitar is really not my thing but his voice  sounds better. I was really excited of the idea on Zakk playing with GnR if slash wasnt in the picture. Otherwise at the time I felt GnR was a Slash gig. These 2 guys were gods gift to guitar in my eyes .Zakks sound from no more tears would have sounded awesome with Axls voice imo and backup vocals would have been interesting.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I still wonder what new Guns would've sounded like had Zakk made the cut.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer