You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: Marilyn Manson talks Axl Rose

Von wrote:

So you're claiming Manson plageurizes off-the-cuff, sarcastic remarks? That sentiment, if you can call it that, has been shared by many throughout history. I don't think Bill Hicks originated some sort of debate on the topic in 1996.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i dont think manson is the most original person in the world no...but thats besides the point...

i never meant my post to be a shot at him and i know you're a fan of Manson's so please accept my apology 19

yes it is a pretty common idea among many that drugs enhance a persons creative side, i was merely saying that TooL, said this very same thing 12 years ago, however i think that there comes a point where drugs severly hinder people creative, mental and physical states as well

Von

Von wrote:

You know, I accept that apology and I'm sorry if I'm coming across like some punk ass in this thread. Anyway, back to the quote itself I saw the drug comment as being directed more at VR or Scott Weiland, since he also mentions seeing them right before. I mean, to me that would make more sense, even more so since Weiland is more one of his own "contemporaries."

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
JonathanvonDoom wrote:

You know, I accept that apology and I'm sorry if I'm coming across like some punk ass in this thread. Anyway, back to the quote itself I saw the drug comment as being directed more at VR or Scott Weiland, since he also mentions seeing them right before. I mean, to me that would make more sense, even more so since Weiland is more one of his own "contemporaries."

well many would wager...myself included that scott seemed much more inspired for the first 3 STP albums after that things got too weird...as for you seeming like a "Punk Ass" not at all...i was outtta line for not thinking my post all the way through and you have every right to defend an artist you admire 5 (Just like i did with Ozzy 16 )

Von

Von wrote:

Oh, in the VR video thread? Yeah, I didn't mean to seem like I bashed Ozzy, too. I love Ozzy in fact and I'm glad to see someone else digs Black Rain 9

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Black rain is awesome smile smile smile

I wouldn't deny that most musicians have used drugs. What I deny is a causal relationship between it and creativity. I think what it shows is that most creative people are sensitve and most sensitve people end up on the fringes of society or seek relief from their feelings. But it wasn't the drugs that made them that way originally.

Judas*Nitelite
 Rep: 0 

Not to nitpick, but Bill Hicks died in early '94 so the actual quote is a few years older tongue

Anywho, as with anything moderation is key.  For instance, Aerosmith will even admit their best records were very much fueled and/or inspired by drug use, but it's when they started doing way too much way too often that it all fell apart.

So, yes, drugs can help creativity.  And drugs can hurt.

Board footer