You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: God damn, how great is Estranged!!!

Axlin16 wrote:

I stay away from the live stuff (short of Live Era) on the MP3 player, because it just doesn't recapture the same feel on an MP3 player/iPod.

johndivney wrote:

yea i tend to keep it on there sort of as a back-up incase my comp gets wiped or my cd-r's get destroyed. but @ the highest bitrate possible so it still works somewhat.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, but quality's not as important. It's more about feel. When you listen to a live bootleg in a car stereo, a home stereo... there's just a feel it has... kind of like kids first listening to KISS Alive! on LP.

You can't, and never will get that effect with an iPod. That's why I think studio tracks tend to be more suited for that medium.

johndivney wrote:

BUT also, i listen to my ipod via my stereo much more often than i listen to it thru earphones.
but i know what u mean. in general it is just a storage device, but it's also nifty if yuou want a quick blast of something without having to search thru ur cd's.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

It's one of their best IMO.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

^^

Seriously?

Their entire catalog is like an all-time must, just out of respect. 16

"My World" is not even in my iTunes library, never mind being on my iPod. 16

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

your judging it by rock standards, enjoy it for what it is , a little experiment in technology thats all

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

your judging it by rock standards, enjoy it for what it is , a little experiment in technology thats all

Genre doesn't matter. "My World" is crap.

mav
 Rep: 0 

mav wrote:

Estranged - awesome! 

Locomotove - So Fine - Estranged all 3 in a row, damn near perfect, totally epic.

I'd love to hear those live again, and so so wanted to hear some more UYI tracks on the tours since 06.

Even myworld - back in 91 I thought that was pretty cool, just a cool out of the ordinary thing. But hey, I was listening to Future Sound of London and a lot of Orb too back then, hell even Jesus Jones.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

right heeerree....right now

Board footer