You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: The Day Axl Ruled the World

jamester wrote:

The estranged thread got me lookin @ the old videos.

The Day Axl, Elton John, & queen ruled the world ! THe crowd was into it.
GnR had a full set, Axl and Slash had guest spots with Axls childhood idols. All in the name of mercury,

[youtube]97PtBIBkwf0&feature=fvst[/youtube]

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh yeah, that was a GREAT day. It was just so sweet for me, because I am a GN'R & Queen fanatic. Both in my Top-5 ever.

It's fond looking back at some of that, because THAT is when I got into the band. I was only grade school age, but those days were when I got exposed big time, and I thought they were the greatest band on the planet. Still do, to an extent.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Your forgot the best performance - Knockin' On Heaven's Door. By far my most favorite performance of the song ever in GNR's history.

[youtube]6ZvA9Ngvgdg&p=180F044007C2E60B&playnext=1&index=18[/youtube]

Sky Dog wrote:

Farm Aid is still my favorite.

Sky Dog wrote:

Free Fallin' with Petty may be my favorite Axl moment.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Farm Aid was pretty fuckin' cool too. I love their "look" in that one the best, plus it was the final performance of the classic AFD band.

[youtube]1q-l5hM5Vds&feature=related[/youtube]

jamester

jamester wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Your forgot the best performance - Knockin' On Heaven's Door. By far my most favorite performance of the song ever in GNR's history.

[youtube]6ZvA9Ngvgdg&p=180F044007C2E60B&playnext=1&index=18[/youtube]

I feel yeh. Did you watch the free for all MTV  played non stop? "Paris France And the rest of the world watching.....DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE? I think thats wen the band was doing interviews from the boat? that was my biggest exposure to gnr. I had that shit on VHS! haha

I didnt forget KOHD I was gonna post it later in the thread 22

Farmaid was cool for me also. Watching AFD lineup just feels different than UYI line up 1 and 2.

Free fallin was awesome. Actually liked Axls voice over pettys

Speakin of I Dig the Come together duet also

jamester

jamester wrote:

Just watched that Civil war @ farmaid u posted. Axl killed it on the rasp parts. Slash nailed the solos. Couldnt get into the drums tho

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah Adler fucked up and was all over the place. Wasn't a shock that it was his final show with the band.

jamester062001 wrote:

I feel yeh. Did you watch the free for all MTV  played non stop? "Paris France And the rest of the world watching.....DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE? I think thats wen the band was doing interviews from the boat? that was my biggest exposure to gnr. I had that shit on VHS! haha

Yeah, I remember. haha

I think it was Slash, Duff, Matt & Dizzy, right?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer