You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: METALLICA Discussion

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i dont mean to be suggesting that the metallica sucess is all cos of Dave, far from it really, I agree the Black Album is what put them on the mainstream map, and that's a record that I think would have been very different had Dave been in the band.

I just mean like, say I used to play lotto endlessly with my girlfriend, we were both into it, then I had some problems and my ex-girlfirend dumps me, then like 5 years on she wins the lotto and becomes uber-sucessful and wealthy in life, it would be hard not to endlessly relive those days and berate yourself for fucking up. I just mean i can see why it bothers him, although i agree that it seems it was inevitable to an extent.

Anyway from my POV it's worked out great, as I really like Metallica and Megadeth...and there would be a lot less cool albums around if we only had one of those bands.

Back OT....i'm trying to workout how to get cash for the 2nd melbourne show...hehe..

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Short of The Black Album, my favorite Metallica record is Kill 'Em All. Yes Mustaine co-wrote a few of those songs, BUT... like Metallex said, Mustaine had NO CLUE Metallica was going to become the big band they became. Hell, even Metallica didn't know it until after Master of Puppets, that things were slowly getting bigger and bigger. Metallica took almost a decade to pot-boil until the legendary "rule the world" outfit they became.

By that time, Mustaine was already cutting Symphony of Destruction.

As an artist, Dave did JUST FINE. If ANYTHING Dave has to be sad about, it's a loss of money, because Metallica made far more dough than Megadeth. And if that's what it's about (HIGHLY likely imo), then it has nothing to do with the bs he's claimed all these years.

There's no way that the Dave/James conflict can be compared with Axl/Slash. Dave never even recorded on a studio record with Metallica, and only co-wrote a few songs. Axl & Slash recorded and released the 6th best-selling rock album of all-time in the U.S., and became household names.

Axl always hearing Slash, and Slash always hearing Axl is understandable. But for Dave to not let this shit die, would be like every interview that Tracii Guns does, belly-aching about not being in Guns N' Roses... oh wait... he does do that.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Well, it's Metallica week for me. Going to see them tomorrow night in Sydney, as well as Thursday night, and if I'm still keen after that, I might scour ebay for a ticket to the 3rd Metallica show on Saturday night.

They've been mixing up the sets and busting out some old rarely played tunes as well, so I'm looking forward to the different shows!

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Caught them a couple of weeks ago here in Perth. As always they put on a great show, you won't be disappointed!

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

metallica showing up alot in blabbers news
BLABBERMOUTHNET

METALLICA: Footage From 'Call Of Duty: Black Ops' Party To Air On Tonight's 'Jimmy Kimmel Live! http://bit.ly/dsSB9v about 5 hours ago via twitterfeed

BLABBERMOUTHNET

METALLICA Wants To Write New Music In 2011 http://bit.ly/ate0qd about 19 hours ago via twitterfeed

* Retweet

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Very cool metallex, hope you have tons of fun. I still need to see Metallica one of these days before I or they die.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Well, I've survived two nights of Metallica concerts, the first I was in the second level seated section, and tonight I was down on the floor in the pit. It was great to experience the concerts from two different areas, as well as the different set lists over the two nights.

The first night was the majority of newer songs, and a lot of Black album songs (they played 6 in total from that album!), and tonight was a bit more old school, playing the more popular ones from the 80's albums.

My neck is stuffed from headbanging, my voice is lost from singing along, my ears are ringing from the sheer volume of it all, and my eyes are blinded from the light show and explosions. Should I go to the third Sydney on Saturday night as well...?

I think I just might... 9

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh yeah I had an earth-shattering migraine after GN'R in 2006... but I still had to go to a second show, even though I felt like absolute shit.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think you should go again! I'm going next week in melb, sounds like it's good! smile

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Well, I did it, 3 nights of Metallica in one week!
First night was the radio hits, with 6 songs from the Black album played, the second night was more old school, and tonight was even more old school with 6 songs from Master of Puppets getting played!

It's awesome that the band mixes it up like that.
I'm welly and truly buggered after all that, the three shows have nearly killed me, and I don't think I want to see Metallica for another 10 years... Which is usually the gap between tours here for them anyway! 16

Board footer