You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: The Star Wars Thread *NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!*

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

finally got into star wars: the force unleashed this weekend...how fucking cool is that game?!

I don't play video games but the trailers they make for these Star Wars games is fucking insane.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Bono wrote:

the fight itself was good untill it got stupid. Like I said it went from an intense man on man battle into some stupid swahsbuckling Musketeer bullshit.

cheers bro

i wasnt saying that the cgi element made it better, just consider it an amazing feat, i hd no idea that even the peopel were CGI until i watched the extras, still its hard to tell

I like the choreographed fights....maybe its just me, same with kung fu movies and stuff, the way they put together the fights is awesome imo, but yeah to each his own, but i'd rather have someone at least trained the rudementary forms of swordplay rather than some dude swinging a green painted broomhandle around

agreed, we can agree to disagree, like i said the prequels have really grown on me in the past year or 2

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I do like the lightsaber battles in the prequels although I don't get excited about Yoda's like some people do. But I will take the Darth Maul fight and the Obi-Wan/Anakin duel in Sith over the original trilogy.

But I'll take the original's dog fights any day of the week. I found all of the prequels' space scenes to just be tiresome.

Anyways, there's always a bigger fish.

Bono

Bono wrote:

Oh and one more thing. Darth Maul dieing in the first film was fucking garbage. Did he not have the high ground?  roll

Seriously so much is wrong and lame with the new ones 14

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah you can see in the movie that Maul has his sabre on while Obi-Wan's hanging on, then when Obi-Wan makes his jump Maul's sabre is inexplicably off, so that he doesn't slice Obi right in half. Then Obi stabs him and suddenly Maul's is back on. But even that error doesn't really bother me too much - it was just stupid to kill Maul off in the first one when he was such a cool evil character.

What it comes down to, for me, is that the original trilogy were made with the intention of making great films. The prequels were made to sell toys.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Communist China wrote:

What it comes down to, for me, is that the original trilogy were made with the intention of making great films. The prequels were made to sell toys.

Absolutely dude! I've been saying that for years. The sad part for me is you can see that the person who made the original trilogy cared about the story and that was the focus but in the new trilogy it's clear that person became more focused on showing off ILM and what great special effsct technology they have rather then developing a  great story.  Most hardcore Star Wars fans seem to hate or at the very least not care all that much for the new ones. As hardcore fans you think they'd be more inclined to like them at least a little bit but fo the most part that isn't the case. The backlash towards them is pretty telling.

I went to Star Wars in concert back in June and it was awesome but I tell ya the crowd was pretty darn quiet durring the first half when showing all the new trilogy clips. Once the old trilogy began the place got pretty excited. 

the original trilogy will go down as cinematic masterpeices with iconic characters. At the very least they're landmark films.  The new trilogy has already been relegated to throw away films.

I find it amazing that I can get more excited about 5 minute video game trailers than I can about the entire new trilogy. And I don't even play video games 16 But tell me these aren't fucking aweosme.

[youtube]bVyJP92TiVg&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]1ToztqqDcaY&feature=related[/youtube]

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If all the old Star Wars fans hate the new trilogy, then why did all three films destroy the fuckin' box office?

Somebody HAD to like them.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

If all the old Star Wars fans hate the new trilogy, then why did all three films destroy the fuckin' box office?

Actually nobody had to like anything for it to destroy the box office. The new trilogy made money off the back of the original triilogy's legacy. FACT. Honestly no way in  hell a Star Wars fan doesn't go see a new Star Wars movie. 25 years of hype dude, people had to go see it. Now whether they liked it or not is a different story but you can't like or dislike something before trying it out.  I venture a guess that  as much as 75% of original diehard Star Wars fans were, are and always will be pissed with the farce that was the new trilogy.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

For me it's cos I was trying so fucking hard to like them.

I can't tell you what starwars ment to me as a kid. I loved that stuff. I'd waited for years for the new movies.

When the first one sucked I figured it was a fluke and things would pick up.

Afterall the idea of Darth Maul was kinda cool, like a lightsaber staff, even if they killed him off for no reason. Had to just be a fluke bad luck - i mean george lucas made SW and INDY - no way he could do something this shit right? Maybe it was me.

Then when the second one sucked I figured maybe it would be ok by the third cos vader would be back. I mean it's fucking vader. That has to fix a movie.

Then in the third vader was half his normal height and crying out "no" like some kind of emo version of a B movie.

Normally I enjoy sequals to see what other writers do in the same universe and to expand the characters and so on. But those new starwars movies killed nearly everything cool about the old ones and added in nearly nothing cool themselves. Really really disillusioned with the whole franchise since. And it's even by the same writer. I mean WTF.

Seriously if you'd purposely tried to fuck the series and make a bad movie it would only be marginally worse. It's hard to fathom.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Actually nobody had to like anything for it to destroy the box office. The new trilogy made money off the back of the original triilogy's legacy. FACT. Honestly no way in  hell a Star Wars fan doesn't go see a new Star Wars movie. 25 years of hype dude, people had to go see it. Now whether they liked it or not is a different story but you can't like or dislike something before trying it out.  I venture a guess that  as much as 75% of original diehard Star Wars fans were, are and always will be pissed with the farce that was the new trilogy.

Well, there were a few GNR fans who didn't buy Chinese Democracy after that long saga.  I believe you fall into that category.  Not trying to start anything, but just pointing out that there IS a chance in hell that a Star Wars fan didn't go see the new movies.

Board footer