You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The 2010-11 NFL Season Thread

misterID wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

And the Titans blow a game at MIA.  VY vs Jeff Fisher rises up again.  Seriously, if you saw that game, there was zero chance that Kerry Collins with a hand problem is better than Vince Young (who moved around well).  At some point these guys just have to get away from one another period.  I'm betting Fisher goes first.

Yeah, VY walks out again. I've said it before, Fisher has no respect for Young and doesn't trust him. And I agree.

Seymour popping Big Ben in the mouth, kncoking him on his ass was AWESOME!!! Loved it. There's no telling the dirty shit Ben has got away with. This proves Karma can catch up with you in the form of a haymaker.

And making Bush a game time decision really screwed me on fantasy.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Bills were down 28-7 and ended up winning 49-31, scoring 35 unanswered in the second half. Really great game, and while Cincinnati is clearly to blame as much as the Bills are due credit, considering they were down 3 scores, on the road, and 1-8, the resiliency they displayed really impressed me.

Bills are actually undefeated against teams with losing records. It's been a really tough schedule but this team isn't terrible.

Raiders got put in their place, and even though KC won, it's starting to look like the AFC West is just weak, rather than that those two teams are back to contending.

And I was glad to see Green Bay demolish Minnesota. Can espn stop talking about the Vikings now? They're just another bad team. Nothing interesting about them. Chilly (and Marvin Lewis) will be gone at the end of the year, if not sooner.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

And the Titans blow a game at MIA.  VY vs Jeff Fisher rises up again.  Seriously, if you saw that game, there was zero chance that Kerry Collins with a hand problem is better than Vince Young (who moved around well).  At some point these guys just have to get away from one another period.  I'm betting Fisher goes first.

Yeah, VY walks out again. I've said it before, Fisher has no respect for Young and doesn't trust him. And I agree.

Seymour popping Big Ben in the mouth, kncoking him on his ass was AWESOME!!! Loved it. There's no telling the dirty shit Ben has got away with. This proves Karma can catch up with you in the form of a haymaker.

And making Bush a game time decision really screwed me on fantasy.

Both of them will be gone I suspect.  Fisher can go coach in SF, Chicago or whatever.  Young can hit the unemployment line.  Unless they totally go in the tank they'll probably be looking at Ryan Mallet, Jake Locker, Christian Ponder in the draft.  I can't say I'm that thrilled with those possible selections.

Who would have thought that TEN would be a bigger clusterfuck than MIN for Randy Moss?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

man the pats pulled it out...good game smile but the pass D on NE sucks a big one

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

man the pats pulled it out...good game smile but the pass D on NE sucks a big one

I wouldn't be so harsh Neemo.  Lord knows I've been tough on the Pats defense the last couple of years, but they've made great strides.  Is their pass D great?  No.  You'd be hard pressed to call it good, even.  But their defense as a whole has made plays when it's needed to.  Sure they may give up tons of yardage, but what really matters in the end is points on the board, which they haven't given up much of late.  At least in comparison to what their offense has put up.  I mean, they're 8-2, it's tough to find fault in that.  Even the 2 games they lost, you can't blame those losses on the pass D.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

The big question is who beats them at least in AFC.  I don't see the winner in the South posing a big challenge.  The teams are all average or shitty.  And Manning can't play savior every time.  The recievers and RB and LBs are banged up for the Colts.  Jags beat up on shit teams.  Texans have no D and choke in the last minute.  The Titans are in full blown crisis mode (see MIN for NFC equivalent) and are going in the tank.

PIT and BAL are the other challengers.  The two caveats there are that both teams can't defend the pass very well and NE can just use the short passing game and mix in some running.

SD could be interesting but they have Norv coaching and that is one negative.  The Jets could pose a challenge as I think they have enough to match up with NE and they can grind it out with their power run game and play keep away from Brady.  The only thing is that Sanchez has to play well and have zero stupid plays.

Too bad TEN doesn't play MIN next week as I would actually pay to watch that game.   Fantasy tip--start whichever TE the TEN d is facing that particular week.  They've been godawful at defending the TE the last month.

misterID

misterID wrote:

The day Fisher is let go, he'll have a job later that day. And I say it'll be the Texans.

Okay, making a prediction: Childress will be fired by the end of the day.

Sky Dog wrote:

They need to fire Favre.....don't fuck with the Falcons. The Dirty Birds are back.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
misterID wrote:

The day Fisher is let go, he'll have a job later that day. And I say it'll be the Texans.

Okay, making a prediction: Childress will be fired by the end of the day.

this just in ...

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota (AP)—The Minnesota Vikings have fired head coach Brad Childress.

The team announced the decision Monday morning. Defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier will serve as interim head coach for the remainder of the season.

AP - Nov 21, 4:25 pm EST 1 of 3 NFL Gallery The Vikings fell to 3-7 this year after a lopsided loss to rival Green Bay on Sunday, the final blow to Childress in his fifth season in charge of the team.

The 31-3 loss was his most one-sided home defeat as head coach. The Vikings have struggled this season with former Packers star Brett Favre(notes) as quarterback.

misterID

misterID wrote:

big_smile

That team is a mess and Favre is just a small part of it. The Defense has played lousy this year, the O-Line has been bad and I don't think I have to mention the WR's.

Board footer