You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Axl's net worth...

tejastech08 wrote:

Anyone ever Googled this? I got curious and the only stuff I can find on it is $200+ million. That seems insanely high considering how over the top his expenditures were back in the day and the fact that he didn't do anything professionally for a decade while still living a luxurious lifestyle.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

There's no fuckin' way. That number would make Phil Collins & Paul McCartney blush.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

McCartney is supposedly a billionaire, or was until his wife divorced him and probably got a big chunk of his estate. Collins is listed around $250m on the same site that lists Axl at $200m. What I can't believe is looking through all the different rock stars and seeing Page/Plant with less than half of Axl's net worth ($85m each). The really bizarre thing is the same site that lists Axl with $200m lists Slash at $30m and Duff at $20m. Most of the various stars on there have similar amounts for band members. Mick is $225m while Keith is $220m and so forth.

And the most laughable thing of all...Bono listed at $200m next to Axl. 16:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, no fuckin' way Bono is worth the same as Axl. The only thing I could guess is that Axl owns the brand name, gives him the large chunk of whatever the GN'R brand name is worth. But it ain't like he owns the guts of that brand name. All that shit is spread up amongst the other players, record companies n' stuff. Axl worth is spread up between whatever the current Guns represent as a touring machine, and that brand name. So maybe it's bigger than i'm estimating.

Collins used to be worth ALOT more, but two divorces cleaned his ass out.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Collins used to be worth ALOT more, but two divorces cleaned his ass out.

How the hell did he get that rich?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Genesis + solo success + producing work = triple success.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Publishing alone would keep guys like Axl rich forever i'd have thought.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I didn't think McCartney was AS rich as you would think.  Since he signed some shitty deals when he was younger and Michael Jackson bought the publishing rights to the Beatles catalog.  Plus the fact that he just got cleaned out by that one legged bitch.  Sorry to be so harsh, but that's how I view her.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Doesn't AFD sell at least 10,00+ copies every year?  I seem to recall seeing something like that a few years ago.  Add on that Axl seems to have invested well and gets the publishing stuff and I could see how he has a large net worth.  I think that number (277 million is the number I got) was a bit high though.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Genesis + solo success + producing work = triple success.

The third one must be a real jackpot for him. Didn't realize he was into producing.

Board footer