You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME Inductees To Be Announced Next Week - Dec.

jamester wrote:
Gong wrote:

http://twitter.com/#!/futurerocklgnds is the offiicial Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame twitter

^^^^ not so shure about that
one of there tweets
@Lefsetz: "The Rock Hall blew it. They could have enlightened a whole new generation by inducting Laura Nyro. Instead they overlooked her.."     about 21 hours ago  via web 

There website is interesting.
http://www.futurerocklegends.com/future.php
2011    American Music Club, Babyface, Belinda Carlisle, Bob Geldof, Bobby Brown, BoDeans, Bonfire, Boredoms, Bruce Hornsby and the Range, Cinderella, Concrete Blonde, Cowboy Junkies, Cro-Mags, Crowded House, Dag Nasty, David & David, Dwarves, Dweezil Zappa, Eric B. & Rakim, Fields of the Nephilim, Glass Tiger, Gregory Abbott, Guided By Voices, Guns N' Roses, The Jayhawks, Kool Moe Dee, The Lemonheads, Los Fabulosos Cadillacs, Lyle Lovett, Matthew Sweet, The Melvins, Michelle Shocked, New Kids On The Block, Poison, Racer X, Roxette, Salt N Pepa, Samantha Fox, Schooly D, The Sharks, Soundgarden, Spacemen 3, Tesla, They Might Be Giants, Throwing Muses, World Party, Yanni, Yo La Tengo, ...

but i think this is official r&r hof?
http://rockhall.com/

jamester

jamester wrote:

http://www.cleveland.com/music/index.ss … e_snu.html
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Snubs: The Top 25 acts passed over for induction
Published: Thursday, December 16, 2010, 8:52 AM     Updated: Thursday, December 16, 2010, 10:27 AM
Michael Norman, The Plain Dealer By Michael Norman, The Plain Dealer

9127402-large.jpg
stevie-ray.JPGAssociated PressThe late great Stevie Ray Vaughan: Still not a Rock and Roll Hall of Famer.
Rock nation was riled up Wednesday, or at least that passionate part of it that gets incensed whenever the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame fails to induct Rush or KISS into its pantheon of musical greats, which is pretty much every year.

But this time, the Rush-KISS lobby is in a particular pique. It’s one thing to be snubbed. But to be passed over for the easy-listening likes of Neil Diamond is apparently too much to bear. Even the long-delayed induction of shock rocker Alice Cooper couldn’t make up for that affront to RAWK. Or at least that seems to the consensus in the comment string of Plain Dealer Pop Music Critic John Soeder’s 2011 inductees’ story.

We’re not about to begrudge the author of “Sweet Caroline” his place in music history, “Longfellow Serenade” notwithstanding. But the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Seriously? We can live with ABBA enshrined in our glass pyramid on Lake Erie. Madonna even. But Neil Diamond? The ‘70s “Song-Sung-Blue” crooner who had suburban moms weapin’ like a willow with his chest-baring leisure suits and droopy bedroom eyes? There have got to be a few acts out there with stronger rock ‘n’ roll pedigrees than him, right?

Damn right! We gave it a whole 10 minutes thought and came up with our own Top 25 list of deserving acts that have been snubbed for years. If we had given it even 10 more minutes of thought, we could have come up with 25 more. So, let the debate begin.

Unwanted - Dead or Alive: The Rock Hall’s Top 25 Snubs
9127408-large.jpg
kiss.JPGKiss: Snubbed by the Rock Hall once again.
The B-52s

Joan Baez

Pat Benatar

The Cars

Cheap Trick

Joe Cocker

The Cure

Deep Purple

Devo

Peter Gabriel

The Guess Who

devo.JPGDevo: Are we not men worthy of Rock Hall fame?

Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

KISS

Los Lobos

Moody Blues

Willie Nelson

The Raspberries

The Replacements

T. Rex

Todd Rundgren

Rush

The Smiths

Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble

Yes

Warren Zevon

Want more dish and analysis on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's induction process? The website FutureRockLegends.com is a great online resource.

Related topics: rock and roll hall of fame

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jamester

jamester wrote:

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art … LIFESTYLES
Published: December 17. 2010 12:01AM
Dave Richards: Rock Hall gets it right this time
Dave
Richards
Before LeBron James bolted, the most hotly debated icon in Cleveland was probably the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum.

Advertisement
From the moment it opened, people argued who belongs in, who doesn't, and whether it should exist at all. As an art form rooted in rebellion, did honoring rock in such an establishment way -- through a museum filled with gawking tourists -- make sense at all?

Yes, I say. Music has been such a huge part of my life, it's hard for me not to get choked up when I see original lyrics, letters, actual instruments and outfits by my favorite artists.

Preserving that history is important, especially when you can explore it in such a tactile, exciting way.

Defining who gets in; that's the tricky part. If the rock hall maintained a strict definition, artists such as Buddy Guy, Miles Davis, Madonna, and Run-DMC would be overlooked, yet there they are.

Which is right, too. The map of rock and roll includes so many side roads and detours, you can't ignore them. They're part of rock's long, strange trip, even if Bessie Smith would object to sharing museum space with Madonna.

Rock hall voters recently have tried to achieve balance: admitting influential and innovative, if poor-selling artists, along mega-popular, durable ones.

So, artists such as Velvet Underground, the Sex Pistols, Iggy Pop and the Stooges got in, along with Genesis, Black Sabbath, and Abba.

Yet, though the hall says "musical excellence" remains its main criteria, it overlooks Yes, King Crimson, Rush, the Moody Blues, Roxy Music, Jethro Tull, and more.

Go figure.

The just-announced 2011 class includes revered cult artist Tom Waits, the Alice Cooper Band, singer-songwriter Neil Diamond, singer Darlene Love and New Orleans' Dr. John, plus Leon Russell in the newly named musical excellence category (formerly sideman).

Missing out were Bon Jovi, the Beastie Boys, Chic, Donna Summer, Laura Nyro, Donovan, the J. Geils Band, LL Cool J, and Joe Tex.

I think the rock hall got it right this time. Cooper's theatrics and glam-rock set a no-limit bar on what you can do on stage, and his ferocious songs still hold up. Diamond looms large as a songwriter, still fills arenas, and, judging from his recent work with Rick Rubin, remains committed to his craft.

Without Love's soaring, powerhouse pipes, would Phil Spector's girl-group hits have resonated so strongly?

Russell's exemplary piano work graced a zillion records, before he carved out a worthy career, including a 2010 comeback CD with Elton John. Dr. John's rich musical gumbo is timeless, and he's stood up for New Orleans ever since Katrina.

It's a worthy class.

DAVE RICHARDS can be reached at 870-1703 or by e-mail at dave.richards@timesnews.com.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Kinda lame that Bon Jovi didn't get in and even though I'm not a fan I think it's lame that KISS isn't in. It's the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame and Madonna got in before KISS? c'mon. What's next Britney Spears before Bon Jovi. roll

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Couldn't agree more...I don't even like Kiss that much...but they're Kiss. Same with Bon Jovi - they're a solid rock act and have been for a generation now...I would understand if the hall was only for the hardest of the hardcore classic rock - like if we were talking Led Zep etc only then it might make sense - but if you're going to start inducting pop acts like Madonna.. then snubbing bands like kiss and jovi makes no sense.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Id rather see faster pussycat inducted than madonna...

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

The B-52s
Joan Baez
Cheap Trick
Joe Cocker
The Cure
Peter Gabriel
The Guess Who
KISS
Moody Blues
Willie Nelson
The Replacements
Rush
The Smiths
Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble
Yes

I think these are the biggest crimes on the list.

Oh it is quite a joke.  I have lost a LOT of respect for the Hall.  Used to be my dream to go there.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Yeah I have no fucking clue what their criteria is. I really couldn't care less if any bands I like get in ie: The Cure, Guns N' Roses, The Replacements, Pearl Jam(someday down the line maybe) etc. but my beef here is why fucking nominate a band like Bon Jovi just to snub them? I mean it makes no sense and it just comes off as fake RNRHOF integrity. Like "oh look at us and how difficult it is to get in...... "  It's just bullshit.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:

I don't think Gnr will get in on the first ballot....too controversial.

I don't think they go in on the first ballot regardless.

As far as Axl & Slash, I think that's the ONE THING that Axl would show up for and perform a few songs with and then take off to the current GN'R of the time.

Because the HOF is not gonna not induct GN'R, simply because Axl isn't there.

Considering the fact that Slash, Izzy, Gilby, Duff, Steven, Matt & Dizzy would all show up, it'd just make Axl look like an even more of an incredible fool not to be there.

But he's used to acting like an ASS, so I wouldn't be shocked either.

Board footer