You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Anti piracy bullshit

Will wrote:

For Xmas I got the awesome Hercule Poirot boxset. 28 DVD's of Belgiums finest sleuthing.

On every one of the discs they force you to watch the above Anti Piracy commercial, no fast forward, skipping or jumping to the menu. Its fuckin ridiculous considering those that download the boxset wouldn't have to watch this shit 16 The commercial has the complete opposite intended effect on me, just makes me wish I had them downloaded instead.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

pretty much all DVDs have that in Canada now

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I would 'steal' a car if the 'stealing' just created another copy of the car that I could take, leaving the original unharmed in its place.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Ye, thats been on dvd's in Ireland for years now, very annoying especially for me as I'm a huge movie collector.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah its never made sense the way they put those adds on dvds. It's punishing the people who didn't  pirate it...as you can bet a download would skip it.

Although to be honest, as net speeds increase, I wonder if we will see the internet destroy the business model of the film industry like it did the CD industry.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I dont object to anti piracy commercials in general if it helps inform the public of it being illegal, I just dont appreciate having it on every disc in the boxset.

The old VHS Frasier boxsets used to put the same trailers  at the start of every video, that was bloody annoying too.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Exactly man. I've been forced to watch those commercials not only on DVD's, but I remember when they played them in the trailers before the movie you watch at the theater. I remember when they got a bunch of actors together led by Sean Astin, and forced you to watch it in the theater - which I always thought was so stupid, because if you're in the theater, 95% chance you PAID to be there, unless you snuck in.

It's extremely friggin' stupid, when you consider the fact that it hasn't had ANY effect on bringing down illegal copying & downloading. If anything it's went up.

Communist China wrote:

I would 'steal' a car if the 'stealing' just created another copy of the car that I could take, leaving the original unharmed in its place.

That's beautiful man! I'd steal a TV too, if a copy was created of the original leaving a TV in it's place. The Aqua Teens do it all the time. 16

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I made a few t shirts lately and put them on spreadshirt for sale. My pictures, my design.

They took them away.

Reason?

Copyright infrigement.

Yes, MY copyright.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Dude, YouTube does that shit ALL the time.

I've seen guys put their own music on YouTube, then have them yanked due to copyright infringement, then YouTube turn around and have the gall to go "how do I know you are the real you?"

WHAT?

Board footer