You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia (Documentary)

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Its a very good documentary, but I was expecting it to be somewhat humourous, instead it is rather disgusting. Its centres on the most worthless piece of thrash family ever delivered to my tv for viewing, nonetheless its is still really entertaining but found myself extremely angry whilst watching it. Thank fuck people like this are rare, atleast I would hope they are.

The trailer is quite misleading but would like to hear your opinions on it if any of you get to watch it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It does look entertaining from that trailer!! I wonder if they've played up a bit for the cameras...like I bet the producers were egging them on to act up.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It does look entertaining from that trailer!! I wonder if they've played up a bit for the cameras...like I bet the producers were egging them on to act up.

It is entertaining but in regards to them playing it up I dunno man, I mean the shit they do and have done is backed up by officials in the town. Also the family may think they're entertaining and all macho n shit but honestly they're just utter thrash scum of the earth.

A 22yr old shoots another family member 3 times in the face and then tries to have a shootout with the police and ends up getting 50yrs in prison. A quote from IMDB "bar-hopping, drug dealing, drug using, getting wasted, fighting, sleeping around, supplying pregnant women with drugs, supplying the new mother with drugs while she's still in the hospital, having babies, losing babies, getting married, tracking down your husband, shooting people, fantasizing about shooting people, stealing cars, stealing guns, singing karaoke, and ruining your mom's birthday party by being your stupid, ignorant self right in front of her...AND CHILDREN".

I say check it out for yourself, total scum is all I say.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Depends on what part of West Virginia you're from as to what is considered "the South", based on that trailer.

Southern WV was controlled by the Confederacy, while the northern portion was part of the Union.

The only reason I say that is those guys up there correlate WV to "the South", but i've never considered it as such.

Either way those cats up there are trailer trash. They can be found anywhere. Seems a bit of it is "shtick", played up for the cameras, but they seem to legitimately be for real.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Oh they are for real for sure, I just don't get how they aint all locked up.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

They probably are locked up, habituals.

It's just their offenses are probably always drug or noise or domestic-related, so they don't ever spend more than a few months in jail or just do probabtion stuff.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Watched it last night.

They're definately out there....although I must say I know a family out this way that's not all that different.

I think some people get sort of stuck in a cycle. Like if your parents do a lot of drugs, are poorly educated, enjoy violence and so on...it doesn't give you the best chance to make good in life. Which isn't to say such people can't get ahead...but they're definately behind the 8 ball compared to a lot of other people.

To be honest I felt a bit sorry for them...it seems a lot of them were quite unhappy...but can't really get out of their situation.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

My brother showed me these guys on youtube a few years ago. They live like 5 miles away from his place . They are for real he says. You dont need mtv to watch. There is already hundreds of videos on youtube and more than one documentary.

Board footer