You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

Does anyone get the feeling that MSL is actually working for GN'R?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Communist China wrote:

If he was making it all up I think he'd have come up with better track titles.

Better than My Favorite Pillow

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

all these leaks were orchestrated by the label or GNR. no way something this tight lipped and bunkered like Fort Knox just happens to escape.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

For those who can't get the 4shared link to work when pressing the play button, just download the track.  It played fine for me after I dowloaded it.

I think D is correct in that someone leaked this.  I can't see Axl or his inner circle doing this only because there were some personal papers/corrospondence there.  Of course this is assuming that MSL isn't bullshitting and that stuff exists.

I can't say I feel too sorry for Axl since CD was released in November 2008 and he's had far enough time to get his shit in order regarding a CD II (or whatever you want to call the follow up to Chinese Democracy) release.  It's sad that this is the only way that fans can get new music.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

I can't say I feel too sorry for Axl since CD was released in November 2008 and he's had far enough time to get his shit in order regarding a CD II (or whatever you want to call the follow up to Chinese Democracy) release.  It's sad that this is the only way that fans can get new music.

That's all well and good, but that's according to you.  Just because you, and others may feel it's time to hear new music doesn't make it so.  And it is sad this is the way we get new music, but as I said before, maybe if fans like MSL didn't push the issue and demand things on THEIR terms, we'd get stuff when Axl/GNR see fit.  Now I know people will say, "then we'd never get anything".  That's an assumption, and maybe a good one.  I do think it's messed up that the band has to deal with all this nonsense.

Again though, I have to say, I love the drama.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

For those who can't get the 4shared link to work when pressing the play button, just download the track.  It played fine for me after I dowloaded it.

I think D is correct in that someone leaked this.  I can't see Axl or his inner circle doing this only because there were some personal papers/corrospondence there.  Of course this is assuming that MSL isn't bullshitting and that stuff exists.

Like you said, we're ASSUMING those correspondance/personal papers are there.

Axl would love nothing better than to screw Universal (U.S. one), over really good.

I could totally see him doing this Trent Reznor-style, without their knowledge. Based on his chats, comments... he seems to hate their fucking guts.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Mister Saint Laurent
dear gnr, thnx 4 contacting the fbi about my legal activity.

thats on his facebook apparently

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Not sure what MSL's game is, I mean if he is not part of some big marketing campaign in conjunction with GNR then he was always going to get the cops crawling all over him with this stunt. 

As much as I think GNR has been run like a joke for years and they have treated their fans like pond scum, Axl still has the right to release music when he wants and how he wants.  If he wants to make plans then cancel them, again that's his right.  Not sure I agree with this apparent "blackmail" and other stuff.  I would expect Axl to vehemently go after MSL for this.  So if the FBI really are calling him I'm not surprised.

Roderick
 Rep: 0 

Roderick wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjqBYUj883k

msl quick gnr update

what he plans to write a book or articles

he says thank gnr for your legal threats let's see how the people in china feel about it

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I feel the original leaks were one thing, as fans had waited around through years on end of a silent inactive band and there was a fair argument that the album would never be released. They're still not really morally acceptable, but I can understand some argument for it happening.

However, right now the band is active, they're making plans, they just finished an international tour. So doing stuff to fuck with them is just totally out of line, especially from fans.

It hasn't even been that long since CD one in the scheme of things, it's really only 2 or so years...pretty reasonable for them still to be working on getting a follow up out. Not like Ac/Dc or metallica deliver an album every 2 years...don't see people saying it's ok to blackmail them.

I really don't think this sort of behaviour is acceptable at all.

As for MSL, they say pride comes before a fall, and while writing a book isn't illegal trading in confidential info is, so is blackmail and the threats about people in china won't help him seem like a journalist.

We all know he's a smart guy, but one day he's going to bite off more than he can chew, and fucking with Axl like this may just be that day.

Board footer