You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: MATT SORUM On VELVET REVOLVER Singer Search: 'Unfortunately, I Don't M

jamester wrote:

Frankie DiVita, radio personality for 96.7 KCAL Rocks, conducted an interview with VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES drummer Matt Sorum at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California as part of the 2011 NAMM (National Association Of Music Merchants) show, a massive music-products convention that took place January 13-16. You can now watch the chat below.

STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor neither confirmed nor denied rumors that he could be the new VELVET REVOLVER vocalist in a January 28 interview with Billboard.com, merely laughing and saying, "To be continued!" when asked about it. Sorum and guitarist Slash have both said recently that the band has been working with a "known" singer to replace the long-departed Scott Weiland, although they have yet to officially announce a name. Meanwhile, rumors have circulated that Taylor could be their man, especially after Slash's wife tweeted a few weeks ago that her and her husband were having dinner with a "Mr. Corey."

When asked about the status of the VELVET REVOLVER singer search, Sorum told Frankie DiVita, "Unfortunately, I don't make all the decisions... I wish I did. The problem is I've got partners, and we haven't come to a conclusive decision yet

. . . I think what happened was my expectations got a little high. I dig the guy — that's all I can say — so I'll take myself off the list of the guys not deciding . . . I have to wait for everybody to say, 'Let's do this.' And I can't be the guy to stick myself out there, which I did by saying, 'I thought we were gonna make a decision.' And when you listen to Slash, he said, 'We'll make a decision one way or another' — whatever that means."

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, Slash saying that "one way or another" thing was just flat out strange. If they have a guy like Corey interested there should be NO decision.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Matt pretty much confirms that they've had a split decision in the band.

I also don't understand that if Corey is interested, what the hold up is. They're not gonna do any better, unless it's Axl.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's all very interesting, does seem that there's some serious "can't agree" issues in VR, and has been for quite some time. Its sort of ironic that guys with such amazing musical chemestry can't sort out the details...but sooner or later they will and i'll be onboard.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I think the obvious holdup is that they all have other things going on at the moment, with the exception of Matt.  Well, he does have Camp Freddy and Darling Stilleto gigs, but those are more just for fun.  Duff has Loaded, Slash is on tour, Corey has two other bands already.  So what's the point of announcing he's the guy until they're actually ready to make some noise on the VR front.  That is still a ways away, even if they have found their man.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Why Would slash care?  Hes on tour with ozzy and myles.
He is playing the super bowl - thats maximum exposure
He already has plans for slash 2 with Myles dedicated to tour 24/7
and slasher films

Why Would duff care? he has his bizness, loaded, and a movie to work on. and a wife with 2 tv shows goin.

Stick a fork in VR until other projects simmer down. And they "Need" someone

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

You would think Slash would be pumped for Corey. Not unless he's got a bug up his ass about Myles.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

Why Would slash care?  Hes on tour with ozzy and myles.
He is playing the super bowl - thats maximum exposure
He already has plans for slash 2 with Myles dedicated to tour 24/7
and slasher films

Why Would duff care? he has his bizness, loaded, and a movie to work on. and a wife with 2 tv shows goin.

Stick a fork in VR until other projects simmer down. And they "Need" someone

That pretty much says it.

It's kinda obvious at this point that they kept bringing up that singer thing to keep a light on for VR.

They knew nothin' was happening anytime soon.

nugdafied wrote:

In my dream scenario.....Corey Taylor ends up fronting Alice Gunn, a GNR/Alice In Chains hybrid band with Slash, Cantrell, Duff, and Kinney. Now that would be a supergroup!

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

In my dream scenario.....Corey Taylor ends up fronting Alice Gunn, a GNR/Alice In Chains hybrid band with Slash, Cantrell, Duff, and Kinney. Now that would be a supergroup!

To much electic lettus for you mate

Board footer