You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: MATT SORUM On VELVET REVOLVER Singer Search: 'Unfortunately, I Don't M

monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

So what's the point of announcing he's the guy until they're actually ready to make some noise on the VR front.  That is still a ways away, even if they have found their man.

Actually that's a real good point. Even if they announced now, then chucked the project back on the backburner for a year all it's going to do is build additional anticipation to an unfair point and probably wind up pissing people off with the wait - ala the CD saga. Given the amount of promo slash does for any band he's in, it would make more sense to keep quiet about it - until they're ready to do a full on burst and do a full album/tour cycle...rather than blow their load with the media now when there's nothing yet to promote.

Next year could be awesome though - with Slash 2 and VR happening...although I could see that dragging out to 2013 as well....

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

IMO it was all done to sell a few copies of that 2 year to late live set.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

In my dream scenario.....Corey Taylor ends up fronting Alice Gunn, a GNR/Alice In Chains hybrid band with Slash, Cantrell, Duff, and Kinney. Now that would be a supergroup!

Fucking rule doesn't even begin to equate that scenario. 9

Although I would prefer "Guns N' Chains" as a title.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

they could call themselves 'the rod swallowers' for all I'd care. I'd be first in line for that album.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

IMO it was all done to sell a few copies of that 2 year to late live set.

I'm still bumed they didnt release stuff from the libertad tour...it was cooler IMO...although Duff basicly said they released this one cos whoever had it contacted them and they thought "why not"

Board footer