You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

jamester wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

my board is hosted by proboards. i do not receive any of the ad revenue. hits on my forum are of no consequence to me. if anything, all the GNR chatter has scared away my regular users.

Welcome back! Good of you to share. Just dont be such a tease! Sorry about turk.
SO i want a shirt like my avatar. Any chance you will carry this grafic in your merch line?

AtariLegend wrote:

Clearly google searches about MSL's being the guy in that 21/2/11 video are of more interest to the internet than "Gn'R".

[youtube]08M53rQ3lS8&feature=related[/youtube]

Could MSL be the one to end Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak?

Agathos
 Rep: 6 

Agathos wrote:

my board is hosted by proboards. i do not receive any of the ad revenue. hits on my forum are of no consequence to me. if anything, all the GNR chatter has scared away my regular users.

If you are such an intelligent business man, why do you lower yourself to auctioning off private email correspondence and documents just to get some money?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Clearly google searches about MSL's being the guy in that 21/2/11 video are of more interest to the internet than "Gn'R".

[youtube]08M53rQ3lS8&feature=related[/youtube]

Could MSL be the one to end Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak?

They're setting up Sting vs Undertaker.  That's the one they have to sell to get casual wrestling fans to pony up for Wrestlemania.  It's the only one that actually makes sense.  No one wants to see Barett vs Undertaker or HHH vs Undertaker or the Kane vs Undertaker for the 50th time.

The PPV buy rates have dropped and the stock has been taking a hit.  They need something to entice people to watch.

Agathos wrote:

If you are such an intelligent business man, why do you lower yourself to auctioning off private email correspondence and documents just to get some money?

while i may be intelligent and i may be a business man, i don't think i've ever claimed to be an "intelligent business man."

money doesn't really excite me and never really has, beyond a certain point. i still have the same tastes i had when i was a kid. i like records. i like arcade games. i like sneakers. i think fancy cars are silly. so while i need a certain level of financial stability to maintain my lifestyle, anything beyond my childhood hobbies is of no interest.

i have a long history of leaving lots of money on the table to stick to my core values and interests.

i am not auctioning off the GNR info. one of the ways i make my living is writing, often about celebrity type gossip. i've never been fond of how fake society is, especially the field of entertainment, and just as i've always pulled back the curtain in my own life, i enjoy letting the public see what type of people they're actually worshipping.

so while i am interested in writing about this stuff, or helping others write about it, selling it to the highest bidder is not something that interests me. i was initially offered $60,000. then GNR contacted me and said they'd offer a lot more. i told GNR that i thought 60k was a bit excessive and i would not be interested in an offer any higher than that.

and while that may seem strange to some, i accept that most people will always think i'm a strange guy and i don't really care if people understand my actions.

but a lot has changed in the last week. i did very well working on the TV show i'm in NY for and i may be busy working on TV shows for a while now, which wouldn't leave any time for writing.

another factor in all of this was . . . even if i have enough money to live, how do i just hand back the memory card when i'd received large offers and my girl was struggling so bad. it doesn't matter now that we're not together, but i planned to use the money to get her an apartment and pay for the rest of her schooling.

when she left me, i contacted axl and let him know i'd hand the card back for free. i have enough confidence in my own abilities to not need a quick payday, but she sure could have used it and i wasn't willing to just hand it back when i could have used it to help her turn her life around.

people can judge me all they want, but until you've walked a mile in my air max lebrons, you really don't know what makes me tick or why i act the way i act.

johndivney wrote:

i may be a business man

dude sounds like jay-z. obv he means businessman.. i think..

when she left me, i contacted axl and let him know i'd hand the card back for free. i have enough confidence in my own abilities to not need a quick payday

yea, defo not an intelligent businessman

um, the original poster dropped the jay-z line, i just ran with it. i take the mister saint laurent "brand" very seriously and do think of myself as a business, but the goal of my business it not necessarily to make as much money as possible.

the mindset of "maximizing profits" has contributed greatly to the downfall of society and it's not something i wish to participate in.

Agathos
 Rep: 6 

Agathos wrote:

people can judge me all they want, but until you've walked a mile in my air max lebrons, you really don't know what makes me tick or why i act the way i act.

That was a lot of text but I couldn't really grasp what your plan is if it is not to auction away highly personal emails to the highest bidder like you've implicitly stated before?

I have no idea what you have gained so far from your scheme (new songs and additional information from trading, I suppose is plausible), but you have achieved to both piss off GN'R and the fan base (for only leaking snippets when you promised to reveal everything if GN'R didn't follow through with their plans/or for jeopardizing GN'R's plans by throwing a monkey wrench in the machinery).

I also find the idea of auctioning off the material to a magazine for 60k unlikely. For that price a magazine would demand exclusivity which you can not guarantee them since you have no control over who else got the documents. You claim you got it anonymously, well, then it is possible that same person has now sent the material to others as well who might be trying to sell it, too.

I believe you are a scheming fraud. Unfortunately I do believe you have got your greedy hands on stolen property and that you are trying to make everyone believe it is much more interesting that it really is, so as to fence it off to a higher price. What astonishes me is that the GN'R fan community hasn't collectively turned its back to you. There's is nothing in your actions that benefits GN'R and thus ultimately the fans. And those who back you in your actions and claim you actually force GN'R to continue, do it because they greedy need for instant gratification and gossip has overshadowed their rationality and morality. I hope you go down in flames.

johndivney wrote:

the mindset of "maximizing profits" has contributed greatly to the downfall of society and it's not something i wish to participate in.

yea me 2.. i can dig that..

Board footer