You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

misterID wrote:
russtcb wrote:
misterID wrote:

It's good to see you around, Dark. You need to stick around this time. smile

For the record, I hope I wasn't in the column of people saying Axl should hang it up. I was just saying that if all this leaks, I could see it being the thing that makes him do so.

Hell no, you're one of the sane people here who keeps things cool, Russ.

If any of this leaks, I kind of doubt it would have a big impact on the band. Outside Tommy, I don't think they get too emotional about things and just seem to roll with it.

There's probably been times Tommy and Axl have been at each others throats but they seem to always walk away buds. I keep thinking of the NYC show back in 06.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, I think they call that extortion. Pure journalism, right there. 16

The moment he makes a threat or alludes to doing something in lieu of receiving payment or compensation of some kind, he is done.  He is toeing a fine line right now.

Ali

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
skippy wrote:

Interestingly, what is missing here is anything related to Bucket.

That's because Bucket is a saint and can do no wrong. bucket

Other than the initial statement from Axl after Bucket's departure where he accused Bucket of using GNR to capitalize on his own solo ventures(laugh laugh and karma bit him in the ass big time over that statement and continues to), he has never said anything derogatory towards Bucket and the blank check offered to Bucket in the days leading up to the Hammerstein shows says more than any "flash drive" could ever say. Bucket was irreplaceable and he knew it. He knew it in 2004, knew it in 2006, and certainly knows it now.

The sole reason they are there is because GNR is a known band and they can get attention for themselves and their otherwise unknown careers. Bumblefoot can sell an album 30x better than he could without them.

This goes back to the karma bitch slap by accusing Bucket of this. He never did no such thing yet everyone else who walks through the revolving door does it continuously.

December 2006 letter threatening to sue Zakk Wylde.

sic, wasn't this the month where Zakk mentioned a few tidbits regarding ancient CD recording sessions? Doubt he said anything monumental or newsworthy but if memory serves me correctly, it was around that time frame that Zakk made one of his few statements regarding the project.

It doesn't look like the Malibu Mafia is helping him.

In other late breaking news....

Water is wet.

Totally incorrect. anyone can work for free if they choose.
The rumor that Axl is behind on paying the band has cropped up in Velvet Rope forum discussions for months now.

if you are making $50K a year and then Uncle Ax comes along and promises to take you out on  $10K a week you would continue to hang in hoping for that pay day to come, especially if you have a contract and yes the exposure doesn't hurt either.

Ax has been sued for non-payment of bills in several cases now from Duff & Slash over royalties to a gallery over some awful sculpture to most recentky a Bentley dealer.

Not enough evidence to accuse Axl of not paying these guys, but the precedent was set many years ago with your examples and in the case of Gilby, he was never technically fired. He knew he was out of the band when the checks stopped coming in.

If you're a current GNR member and the mail man hasn't brought you a check in recent months, might want to start looking for a job.

if legit, who did this and why?

Patti Hood was pissed her harp contributions were a bit too low in the mix on This I Love. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned....

It's like a bad fan fiction story.

That's the entire Chinese Democracy saga in a nutshell.

Which leads to another question?  Why would she keep a 7 year old email in her account?

A lot of people(including me) don't even bother deleting old shit like that. Having said that, if I had correspondence relating to a multi million dollar corporation, I think I'd wear out the delete button.

Not to be all Negative Nancy, but the release of these documents will destroy the new band....possibly sending Axl in to hiding forever. This is quite a potential disaster.

It's such a prolific, creative entity that I would hate to see the current band destroyed. Their discography is second to none.

put out an album only a couple of years back.

They put out an album almost a decade old and four of those members aren't even there anymore. The 2006-2011 lineup has recorded the same amount of music as me and I'm not even a musician. You're romanticizing the music from a lineup that doesn't exist and last but not least, recorded by a lineup that you weren't all that fond of yet rave on their music.

So thanks MSL for making another massive mess to fuck with the band.

If it wasn't for dark, MSL, and skwerl, you'd still be speculating on what Sorry and This I Love sound like and praying that "this is the year!!! CD starts now!!"

I know MSL received at least the initial bulk of his info on January 20th - and it had stuff as recent as January 18th (two days prior) in it.

Interesting. Means it was VERY recent and the GNR camp should have a much easier task of tracing the initial leak/hack/whatever.

if he can destroy the new band and create a buzz/cry for a reunion by starting new reunion rumors at the time of implosion the idea could become much more enticing for axl.

If 2011 GNR implodes, Axl is still young enough(barely) to assemble another group and make another run. Always wanted him to do an Audioslave type thing. This would be a great time to do it. If he cant do it, then just bring on the reunion in the next 2 or 3 years. If we gotta live in the past, just go balls deep and do it proper.

I find it kind of funny when people think Irv is in on it. Not only would he be breaking the law, but he'd be destroying his own career

Azoff destroy his career? That would entail the entire industry collapsing. I don't think Azoff has anything to do with it either, but no one needs to worry about Azoff destroying his career. The day his career ends is the day he drops dead.

The moment he was asking for money for it

I didn't like that aspect of it either and it changed my outlook on this crazy chapter.

Also didn't like how he claims to be a journalist. Bri is a journalist. So are a few other Evo members. MSL is not a journalist. Period.

It's great to see you back dark. There is always a seat available for you in our insane asylum. 16 Thanks for offering some insight into this latest chaotic mess.

Welcome to the forum PPP. 5

Same to you Ali. 5   I've seen you around these sites for years but never really talked with you very much.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I reordered the list into a chronological format the best I could to make it a bit more bearable to read. Here goes:

100. "The Honor of Thieves 2" - Axl book about the break-up of GNR

002. DJ Ashba's contract

006. Better_Gone.mp3

011. Chinese Democracy band member payments and recoupment

012. Chinese Democracy band producer charts

016. Better video treatment v1

028. Better video treatment v2

020. Chinese Democracy video treatmeant

023. Street of Dreams video treatment

017. Chinese Democracy World Tour Income & Expenses

073-074. October 2004 Beta email to Merck about how to trick Axl, Slash lawsuit, etc (part 1-2)

053. December 2005 Slash email threatening photographer

084. March 2006 Band and crew rehearsal payroll

054. April 2006 Axl Rose tour rider

052. December 2006 letter threatening to sue Zakk Wylde

022. Geffen Records contract for Second Album (January 2007)

082. February 2007 Unpaid studio and producer invoices

050-051. February 2007 lawsuit threat from fan hit with mic (part 1-2)

048-049. January 2008 Axl email about how many albums to release (part 1-2)

099. January 2008 Axl email about which songs should be on second album

096-097. January 2008 Axl letter about his feelings on Velvet Revolver (part 1-2)

098. January 2008 Axl letter detailing his uncensored thoughts on Slash

070. January 2008 Fernando email listing Axl enemies / Slash allies

047. January 2008 Shanghai and Beijing festival offers

001. Sheng Tang Music Festival PDF

071. January 2008 Sebastian Bach email about entering rehab

030-032. Robin Finck Resignation Letter (part 1-3)

063-064. June 2008 Beta letter about who deserves credit for Sweet Child O' Mine (part 1-2)

065. June 2008 Brain email about which producers deserve credit

066. June 2008 Axl email complaining about Tommy siding with Roy over Caram

067-069. June 2008 Dizzy email about which producers deserve credit (part 1-3)

033. July 2008 Axl letter to Robin about leaks

034-046. September 2008 Axl email about Slash, reunion, old members, etc. (part 1-13)

079-081. December 2008 Axl letter about why he's always late (part 1-3)

024. January 2009 email discussing possible replacements for Robin

083. March 2009 email outlining the tour dates with Van Halen

085. August 2009 Dizzy email begging for update from Beta

014. October 2009 Axl email to Bumblefoot about Duff rejoining

075-077. October 2009 Axl email about Duff wanting back in and people wanting Tommy out (part 1-3)

078. October 2009 Beta/Dizzy conversation about everyone wanting Tommy out

018. 2009 Band Rehearsal Expenses

019. Tour Income & Expense Summary Production rehearsals (11/09)

055-062. November 2009 Axl Rose letter to Irving Azoff about Beta, reunion, etc (part 1-8)

015. December 2009 Brain email submitting Better remix to Fernando

004. December 2009 Axl email dissolving GNR

013. January 2010 Axl email complaining about Dr. Dre

025. January 2010 email discussing new versions of Knockin' on Heaven's Door

072. February 2010 Axl email making NY plans

086-087. February 2010 Financial guarantees for each European festival in May (part 1-2)

091-093. April 2010 Income and Expense summaries Asia/Canada/South America (part 1-3)

094. April 2010 DJ Ashba email to Doc about Axl wanting to fire DJ

095. April 2010 Axl email dissolving GNR and insisting DJ Ashba be sued

021. 2010 Europe Leg #2 Budget Summary

088-090. May 2010 unpublished Axl tweet giving his side of the story re: Azoff (part 1-3)

029. June 2010 Caram Castanzo email about bonus tracks & second album

003. June 2010 Axl email dissolving GNR

027. July 2010 email outlining 2011 tour plans, including co-headliners

008. November 2010 Axl email bitching about Bumblefoot

101. December 2010 Doc email about Tommy refusing to play in Abu Dhabi

005. Doc's 2011 plan powerpoint

009-010. January 2011 email about cutting everyone's pay (part 1-2)

026. January 2011 Caram Castanzo email complaining about back pay

ppp

ppp wrote:

Thank you.

One question though for everyone who has said this may destroy new guns. What exactly do you think is in these docs that would destroy them? Certainly Axl hating on them isn't going to send these guys running away. Axl really doesn't sugarcoat his feelings and if he has dissed them in an email, he has probably done it to their face.

ppp

ppp wrote:

Thanks, apex-twin. Missing from that list of course are the tons of emails MSL claimed to have about Axl ending the tour after Sturgis and the fake hack of his twitter.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

In terms of quantity, most of that stuff appears to be from 2008.

And all these WikiLeaks are going to do is more publicity. I mean, is it really news to anyone that Axl's a bit unstable?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i obviously dont know axl at all but he strikes me like the kind of guy who will let you know if he's not happy with ya. i doubt anything about any band member wasnt known by the individual right off when axl got pissed about whatever may have set him off

welcome dark, ppp, ali smile

thanks for the reorganizing apex smile

like olorin i am curious who the source wouldve been for providing MSL with the info, i even asked the question 4 pages earlier than him, outward appearances would suggest that it is someone close to axl, and someone that has been near him since at least 04....

also curious that that one email suggest that beta is trying to trick axl into something with merck...makes it doubly suspicious that beta was also known to have consorted with goldstien recently (and dougy appears on the "Enemy List") hey maybe they were working on a deck of cards like the US govt did for the saddam regime 16

hey james suggested patti hood....lets not forget that baz wanst happy either to be so low in the sorry mix 16

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

GNR have updated their Twitter page twice today and chosen not to acknowledge any of this smile

ppp

ppp wrote:

They are actually smart not to talk about it. For them to speak on it would get the situation way more attention than it is getting now. So far it's only been posted on message boards and Metal Sludge. An offical statement would end up on legit media sites.

Board footer