You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: 101 Document Titles From Axls Laptop (No Actual Documents Tho)

Neemo wrote:
Bono wrote:

Also in my opinion I think an Axl Rose book would be absolute garbage. It would be such a warped perspective on things. I mean he hasn't said anything about anything really and has had 15 years to twist and bend and manipulate his own mind into structuring his story exactly how he wants it.  I don't think Axl is able to see things the way they are. I think he sees things exactly how he wants to, to keep peace in his own self contained universe and not upset the balance of anything by being accountable for anything.  An Axl Rose book in my opinion would be a pathetic display of "poor me the world is out to get me" It truely is not something I would be inetersted in reading.

Pretty much the same with all autobio's it takes a special one not to twist what really happened into a bit of a favorable light, personally i find 3rd party bios are the best, but you have to trust that the writer doesnt have an agenda

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Everybody would have that personal slant in their book though, everyones mind works like that and even more so years after the events. The emotions and hurt feelings can distort the facts when reminiscing.
I thought Axls chats were pretty cool, and I thought Slash's book was pretty cool, but reading both I did find myself rolling my eyes, thinking "yeah right". More so with Slash book buts thats just because its longer. Slash passed the buck all the way through his book, he seemed completely blind to the notion that while boasting about all his drug and alcohol excesses, that there could be a link between that and the problems he was having with people.
Axl never mentioned any of his faults in his chats either, I found the "Slash hoodwinked me into putting My World on UYI2" pretty funny. Its just what people do though, especially celebs who are selling themselves.

Duff's book should be a corker, he's a guy who has done serious soul searching, even contacting people he was rude to when he was fucked up to apologise. He's even said his book will be about post GNR cause he cant remember much from those days, now thats honesty 22

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

http://mistersaintlaurent.proboards.com … 528&page=8

on legality of what he may have....

MSL wrote:

i would consider his book & pre-release audio to be IP, which even still is treated very different by the law from actual property.

but bringing up stolen property laws and trying to apply them to leaked emails sent without solicitation to a journalist is just silly.

i risk violating copyright law if i post music or the book. it may not be legal for me to sell the emails & files, but i'm not sure. a lot of stuff has to be figured out.

and i just haven't been in the mood to figure it out yet. maybe one day i'll wake up and the gnr stuff will be the most important thing in my life and i'll take the time to sort through the mess.

but until then, i have a recall notice on my beetle, i need to camp out for the all star lebron 8, this weekend is nba all star weekend so there is a ton of stuff to watch, i have to continue my quest to get more old members to return to the MSLU, i have to start rehearsals with arby's dude, i have a date with a nice & proper young lady this weekend (which i'm nervous about because i don't typically date nice & proper people), and i need to get my donkey kong machine fixed.

All that explanation does is make him look like a loser. Wow. 16

Making sure to get my car serviced because I received a recall notice definitely makes me a loser. Enjoying the comfort of high end athletic footwear definitely makes me a loser. Being a basketball fan definitely makes me a loser. Enjoying chatting with fans and friends on my website definitely makes me a loser. Performing my music definitely makes me a loser. Trying to find a nice lady to spend my time with definitely makes me a loser. Making an appointment for my arcade tech to fix one of my machines definitely makes me a loser.

What would make me a winner though would be to read about someone else's life and criticize them behind the safety of my keyboard instead of actually having a life of my own. That is what would make me a winner.

Sky Dog wrote:

touche

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Edit
blah i had a cool img ..... oh well karma for the msl winner speach

ppp

ppp wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

What would make me a winner though would be to read about someone else's life and criticize them behind the safety of my keyboard instead of actually having a life of my own.

Isn't that what you are pretty much doing to Axl?

Sky Dog wrote:

Down goes Frazier!!!!

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Olorin wrote:

The proof is in the tasting smile

maybe DCK's brother will start entertaining offers for a taste test

He might offer us blurry pictures of the pepperoni...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer