You are not logged in. Please register or login.

salome
 Rep: 2 

Re: Bumblefoot responds to rumors about him

salome wrote:

It was good to read Rons extensive statement after all the nonsense.                                                                                                   

I was around at mygnr when Ron spent his time there. I understand why people got upset because of his choice of words as he violated the rules that way. But then again, as already mentioned by others, he was just adapting himself to the level of those who attacked him before.
And, different to others I was not surprised to see him acting this way. Everyone who knows The Beards twitter should know that Ron has a , well, provoking side.
And finally, the mods at mygnr may have their reasons to clear out the said thread but Ron lying imo is surely none of these.
I have to admit I appreciate the "whole" Ron Thal. The claims about him being fired were plainly annoying. Somehow I think Axl and Ron get along quite well. Anyway, I still enjoy the idea of Axl calling Ron after all and praising him : My words dude ! Well done ! wink

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

No one has ever make a legit point on why its not ok for me to not like Ron but it was ok for whomever to not like BH or Robin.

It's fine that you don't like Ron.  Not everybody likes everything or everyone.  There are plenty of people who aren't fond of DJ, Robin, Richard, Frank, etc.  The difference is most people don't harp on the fact that they don't like certain members.  To me it seems that EVERY post you make is of the anti-Ron variety.  If you brought something else to the table then I could look past your hatred towards Ron.  But since its ALL I ever read from you, it loses its effect and gets extremely tiresome.  So rock on with your Ron hate, just don't be so one dimensional.

Sorry if that comes off as harsh, but that's just the way I see it.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Faldor how long have you been on Gnr boards? When BH and Ron were in the band for YEARS people would complain about them.  And I have not said anything about Ron until he had his baby name calling rant, and I said it was wrong and he could have handled it better.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Faldor how long have you been on Gnr boards? When BH and Ron were in the band for YEARS people would complain about them.  And I have not said anything about Ron until he had his baby name calling rant, and I said it was wrong and he could have handled it better.

I've been around since 2002 or so off and on, but more frequently from 2006 on.  So no, I wasn't real active during Buckethead's time.

I seem to remember you starting a convoluted thread about Ron a few months back, which seemed to serve no other purpose than to slam him.  If I'm mistaken I apologize, but I've always had the imrpression you've been a a long time Bumblefoot hater.

Edit - I just read some anti-Ron threads you started, and my inclinations were proven true.  You have been spreading your hate for Ron for the better part of the last year, at least here.  So to say you only started since Ron's recent MyGNR blowup is, how you say, completely and utterly a lie.

Thanks for playing though.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Let me guess this straight, I am not the rational one for saying what ron did was wrong? Really? That is a good one. And again I am far from very negative, I always back up my point of view with examples. And if you really do remember me very well,  you know I used to be one of Axls strongest supporters but as time went on my view changed because Axl pissed away so much talent (BH, ROBIN, Brain, not to mention the AFD band), and it took him over 10  years to release CD and then it was an overproduced mess.  I am not a blind follower, i call it like I see it, that is not being negative, its called being a realist.

As for being wrong about Ron blowing up, again what he said was way out of line and he could have easily nipped it in the bud by being professional about it but he didnt.   

As for it being lies that Ron was talking about DJ, what if it really is true?
And wasnt the so called email about Ron complaining about how much DJ makes and that its more than him???  EVen if that is true, you really think that would cause a riff between DJ and Ron?

Lets say he really did complain about that and MSL leaks the email that proves it, is that going to change your opinion on what Ron said?

As for Ron being kicked out of the band over the DJ thing.
Well Axl does know if its true or not, so if its not true, Axl would just tell DJ its bullshit and that would be that.  You dont think that would be a better way to handle it?

By Ron getting so pissed off and going on his tirade it seems there could be truth to it, because if it was not true he would not care so much.

And how would some BS poster cost Ron his career? Dont be silly.
You know what could cost him his career? His comments he made on a message board.

Look, my post was mainly aimed at Olorin to just ignore you.

And the Ron subject with you isn't really rational. You don't like him, or what he says on message boards. Okay, more power to you. I just think these long, drawn out arguments go nowhere when no one wants to agree to disagree. Most arguments like that comes down to the poster making it about themself and that they're right and you're wrong, packaged in a "calling it like I see it" line...  Which really doesn't make you right. 

I just want to throw out the fact that I'm a huge Robin fan, and Bucket fan. The Robin and Bucket bashing was stupid, and it was aimed at guys like Russ and me, for no other purpose than to start shit.

It didn't make me start bashing Slash or Bumble.

And this msl thing caused Ron some stress. He vented, it's over. Period. I listed the reasons why I think your argument is valid and why I understand why Ron did what he did. He was being abusive. And he was being called a liar and that he was slagging a bandmate and trying to get another fired (Tommy). Lets just let it die.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:
salome wrote:

It was good to read Rons extensive statement after all the nonsense.                                                                                                   

I was around at mygnr when Ron spent his time there. I understand why people got upset because of his choice of words as he violated the rules that way. But then again, as already mentioned by others, he was just adapting himself to the level of those who attacked him before.
And, different to others I was not surprised to see him acting this way. Everyone who knows The Beards twitter should know that Ron has a , well, provoking side.
And finally, the mods at mygnr may have their reasons to clear out the said thread but Ron lying imo is surely none of these.
I have to admit I appreciate the "whole" Ron Thal. The claims about him being fired were plainly annoying. Somehow I think Axl and Ron get along quite well. Anyway, I still enjoy the idea of Axl calling Ron after all and praising him : My words dude ! Well done ! wink

Welcome to GnR EVO salome! smile

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
faldor wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

I've been around since 2002 or so off and on, but more frequently from 2006 on.  So no, I wasn't real active during Buckethead's time.

I seem to remember you starting a convoluted thread about Ron a few months back, which seemed to serve no other purpose than to slam him.  If I'm mistaken I apologize, but I've always had the imrpression you've been a a long time Bumblefoot hater.

Edit - I just read some anti-Ron threads you started, and my inclinations were proven true.  You have been spreading your hate for Ron for the better part of the last year, at least here.  So to say you only started since Ron's recent MyGNR blowup is, how you say, completely and utterly a lie.

Thanks for playing though.

Like I said, I do nothing different with Ron than others did with BH or Robin. But of course Oh Ron talks to the fans   you cant hate him LOL

I just find it laughable some people cry when certain fans dont like Ron

And you are a joke to even claim I am wrong or beating a hater for calling out Ron over his tirade, I dont care who you are, what he said was wrong.

If someone talked to your mother or sister that way,  you really wouldnt take offense?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

ppp

ppp wrote:

The people still bitching about Ron are the ones who hated him to begin with. Nothing he said was any worse than what's been posted on mygnr a million times and Eric lets just about anyone get away it.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

^^ Of course, its faux outrage and typical.

The notion that people cant dislike Ron or what he did because Ron is held in sacred regard is bollocks as well.
KillingVector has been very vocal about his distaste for Rons actions at mygnr and noone has had a problem with his point of view. But then, KV is capable of communicating at an adult level...

Board footer